Programme Officer - Learning and Engagement
The Programme Officer- Learning and Engagement will lead the expansion of the portfolio of GlobalGiving nonprofit partners with a particular focus on partnerships in the UK and rest of Europe. Additionally, they will deliver a suite of global learning activities to help smaller, local charities around the world access digital fundraising tools, develop skills, and ultimately become higher impact organisations. The selected candidate will play a key role in improving the visibility of GlobalGiving and our key mission across Europe within the development sector.
The position will be based in the London office. They will report to the Programme Manager and work closely with the Director of Programmes. They will work with global colleagues across UK, US, India, China and Mexico to contribute to the wider strategy, planning and implementation of GlobalGiving’s work supporting smaller nonprofits to thrive.
Salary: £24000 - £27000
Nonprofit management and support
- Deliver training workshops and webinars to develop the skills, knowledge, confidence and ability of nonprofits’ staff and volunteers to launch an online fundraising campaign and raise funds online.
- Work with GlobalGiving colleagues to produce and update crowdfunding and digital fundraising resources, using evidence and data to optimise relevance and impact
- Provide 1-2-1 advice and support for small nonprofit staff where relevant on how to raise funds online, access GlobalGiving services and problem solve.
- Contribute to the programme strategy, measurement, reporting
- Grow and strengthen our portfolio of nonprofit partners with particular focus on partnerships in the UK and Europe.
- Support a network of GlobalGiving nonprofit partners in the UK and Europe, through activities including coordinating workshops, webinars and events
- Account manage and deliver on existing strategic partnerships and create new strategic partnerships in the UK and Europe, which further grow awareness of GlobalGiving’s brand, services, and opportunities
- Develop communication messages and materials to share our value proposition for smaller nonprofits in a variety of settings including written, presentation and networking
You will need to:
- As required, line manage volunteers and interns to support the core objectives of the role but also the wider objectives of the GlobalGiving UK team
- Fully participate as a member of the global programme team, collaborating with colleagues in the UK, US, India, China, and Mexico
- Develop engaging communications and promotions using your effective communication and relationship building skills
- Think strategically and use your problem solving skills to continually innovate the way people engage with GlobalGiving to raise funds for their important work
- Inspire people to learn about new ways of raising funds and communicating online
- Balance strategic thinking with using your skills to drive operational improvements and proactively grow GlobalGiving’s nonprofit network
- University graduate
- Demonstrable interest in charity sector/international development
- Experience of building partnerships
- Experience of conducting in person/ online training for individuals or groups.
- An enthusiastic team player with the ability to develop ideas and initiatives in small teams and on one’s own
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to use cloud based documentation and training tools such as Google Suite, Zoom Video conferencing
- Ability to work with remote colleagues to achieve results
- Motivated, flexible, reliable and able to work independently using initiative.
- Experience in digital fundraising
- Experience working closely with community-based organisations, evaluating needs and reacting with solutions
- Experience of working with back end systems and databases
- Fluency in one or multiple European languages
The deadline to apply is 26th August 2019 at 09.00 am.
First round of interviews will take place between 28th August -6th September. Please state in your application if you are unable to make any of these days for an interview.
Candidates must already have the full legal right to work in the UK without restriction prior to application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.