Product Manager, Enterprise
Are you passionate about creating easy-to-use products that delight customers? Do you thrive in an environment where you can collaborate and be analytical? Do you want to work on a product that actually makes an impact on people's lives?
GlobalGiving is looking for a Product Manager to join our team to oversee all of our products for our Enterprise users.
Using your product management skills, you will be a part of a team that designs, codes, and oversees products that make a positive impact for millions of people around the world. You will help us question our assumptions, think of our users, and continuously improve.
You will be responsible for conducting customer discovery, user testing, observational studies, product requirements, specifications, project management, user acceptance testing, and sprint planning. You should be passionate about designing and analyzing web products, should thrive in an environment where you can manage multiple projects at once, and want to work for an organization that’s making an impact on people’s lives.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Strategy: Work with the Chief Product Officer to iterate on our product vision and strategy. Clearly articulate the business value to the wider team so they understand the intent behind new products or features. Co-own the roadmap and prioritize building what matters most to achieve our strategic goals and initiatives.
- Ideation: Help lead the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. Help determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward — namely those that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business. To this end, also ensure that feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into their product planning and development processes.
- Communication: Be an excellent active listener to hear what user needs are, and communicate the status of ideas, projects, and products to customers, partners, and internal team members.
- Feature Backlog: Define the requirements for each feature and the desired user experience. Prioritize features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives. This requires making difficult trade-off decisions based on the value that new features will deliver to customers and to the business. Work closely with engineering on the technical specifications and ensure that teams have all of the information they need to deliver a complete product to market.
- User Experience: Improve the experience of our product for all users—including corporate partners, internal users, project partners, and donors—by simplifying processes, questioning existing workflows, and simplifying/improving interfaces. You don’t need to be a graphic designer, but you should know user experience best practices and be able to whiteboard out a first draft that adheres to them while brainstorming solutions.
- User Testing: Conduct user tests with external and internal stakeholders, identifying opportunities to develop new products, features, and improvements to our products.
- Agile Planning: Familiarity with Agile and Scrum to help manage sprints, roadmaps, backlogs, and release notes.
- Numbers: Review metrics and reports on our website performance to figure out what’s working and what’s not, and what we can do to improve.
- Multi-task: As a small team, there’s always a lot of exciting things to do. You’ll need to be good at balancing two or three long-term projects, several smaller feature requests, and the urgent request or two.
- Continuous Improvement: Research and identify new frameworks, methodologies, or techniques that improve the efficiency of GlobalGiving’s website or operations/processes. Help us know what we don’t know. We’ll send you to conferences and other professional development opportunities to assist.
- Customer Service: Customer service is not a key focus, but it’s a great way to learn while “wowing” our customers, both internal and external, and performing your share of daily site upkeep and maintenance.
- Motivated Self: Superb self-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced while bringing your own sense of humor, desire to change the world, and your passion for <fill in the blank>.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 3+ years relevant work experience, Bachelors Degree in any field that you can apply to this job (business, psychology, marketing, computer science, economics, international studies, or similar), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing the end-to-end product life-cycle of an enterprise offering.
- A love for shipping products frequently, helping users, and improving upon what you've built.
- The ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Comfort conducting user studies and talking to people to understand their needs.
- Ability to translate spoken and unspoken business requirements into product plans and feature specs.
- Ability to collaborate with graphic designers and back end web developers to turn a spec into a functional, dynamic website that users love.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving, the vision to help us advance it, and commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Experience leading B2B or SaaS software products
- Experience working on API-based products
- Experience managing projects that focus on integrating systems and data
Salary + Benefits
This is a full-time position and reports to our Chief Product Officer. We welcome candidates who want to work in our Washington, D.C. office. Salary range is $80k-$100k, negotiable based on skill and experience.
Benefits include flexible work hours, telecommuting options, a family-friendly culture, fully-stocked refrigerator with drinks, a convenient downtown DC location,
and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped 182 girls go to school for a year" (one of many true stories).
And don't worry - we've also got the usual benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, 25 days of paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and more.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.