The Office Manager is a key contributor to the GlobalGiving team. This position reports to the HR Manager and will help ensure GlobalGiving staff and facilities are well-supported. GlobalGiving seeks a candidate who loves to take charge of a project from beginning to end, juggle the demands of a dynamic workday, who approaches work with a high level of conscientiousness, thoughtfulness, and quality, and who will relish the opportunity to support a growing organization and a dynamic team. The role provides great learning for someone interested in understanding the nuts and bolts of running a nonprofit organization.
- Manage administrative services, including purchasing, supplies, shipping, and building maintenance and take measures to contain or reduce expenses.
- Optimize the use of office space and enhance professionalism and visual aesthetics of the environment.
- Coordinate with Sr. Director of Finance to research and execute changes to facilities including maintaining the furniture, fixtures, leasehold improvements as well as related leases and service contracts.
- Manage reception to receive visitors, packages, and communications and maintain a professional image.
- Support the development and maintenance of information management systems.
- Manage staff-wide events such as regular GlobalGiving staff meetings, board meetings, as well as special events.
- Support recordkeeping tasks such as check entry and credit card reconciliation on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as required by the organization and management.
- Support HR policies and implementation with HR Manager.
- Responsible for recruitment and onboarding, creation and delivery of new hire orientation for staff; review clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinate the GlobalGiving Fellows program.
- Promote a fun, team-oriented environment that preserves the character of the organization and our values by orchestrating periodic events and team-building activities.
- Serve as a resource for staff for a range of HR concerns and questions including regular staff surveys.
- Track PTO accruals and use and generate reports for staff.
- Maintain hospitable and safe office environment and emergency preparedness plans.
- Promote GlobalGiving as a “best place to work” and develop relationships with other institutions to build a diverse and strong talent pipeline.
- Required Qualifications
- 2+ years office management strongly preferred (or equivalent education)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of humor, great productivity, detail orientation
- Strong operational orientation, project management skill, and focus on quality customer service with GlobalGiving staff, vendors, and partners
- Superior MS Office skills required. Salesforce.com and other Customer Relationship Management software experience a plus
- Commitment to the GlobalGiving mission and core values, and a high degree of patience and flexibility a must
Benefits include flexible work hours, a family-friendly culture, fully-stocked refrigerator with drinks, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal" (one of many true stories). And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, 25 days of paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and much more.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.