Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager will play a key role in advancing the mission of GlobalGiving in several ways. This person will focus on inspiring individuals and corporate partners to donate to community-led projects and disaster recovery, help expand the catalog of grassroots nonprofits that donors can give to, and assist nonprofits to meet their fundraising goals by succeeding in GlobalGiving’s campaigns. The position will also be responsible for driving product usage, which contributes to increasing the spirit of generosity worldwide.
This marketer will develop marketing programs and experiences that span across channels such as web, social media, email, search engine marketing, direct mail, and other media. You will be responsible for identifying and acquiring new high-value segments, driving loyalty, and increasing the lifetime value of customers. You will serve as the customer’s biggest champion and will be focused on developing and executing integrated growth marketing strategies designed to meet their needs across the customer journey.
This role is the perfect balance of strategy and hands-on execution. You will get to see your ideas come to fruition, continuously evolve and improve over time. The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the donors marketplace, strategic thinking, creative problem solving, comfort with marketing and advertising technology, and geekiness for data.
GlobalGiving has a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance, and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource, and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our team. If you’re passionate about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Marketing and will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Integrated Marketing Strategy: Develop and execute cross-channel, integrated, and customer-centric marketing strategies to drive growth and sustainable growth. The strategies should meet the needs of audiences across the customer journey. Partner closely with the team to develop cohesive marketing strategies that nurture audiences across the marketing funnel from brand awareness through to direct response and retention.
- Integrated Content Strategy: Support the development and execution of cross-channel content strategies. Manage the integrated editorial calendar.
- Social Media Marketing: Help to oversee the management of our social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), and leverage this channel to prospect and convert customers.
- Search Engine Marketing: Manage our Google Ad Grants account and paid search strategies. Manage pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and continuously optimize for increased ROI.
- Targeting & Personalization Strategy: Develop cross-channel strategies for identifying and cultivating high-value segments. Collaborate with the data scientist and technology teams to further develop targeting and personalization capabilities.
- Testing & Optimization: Develop and execute A/B or multivariate testing and optimization plans across channels, analyze results, identify new opportunities, and adjust marketing/testing strategies.
- Analytics: Assist in developing marketing measurement plans, help advance tagging, performance tracking, and reporting.
- Marketing Center of Excellence: Serve as the marketing subject-matter-expert, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive forward their growth goals (e.g. product, business development, program). Identify innovative opportunities to drive impact by keeping up with trends and advancements in digital marketing, including eCommerce, social media, SEO, SEM, email, and paid media trends.
- Writing and Editing: Support the development of short and long-form content focused on driving leads and conversion. Responsibilities include copywriting, copy editing and approvals, curation of existing content across channels.
- People Management: Oversee the development of junior staff (GlobalGiving fellows), and contribute towards improving our Team Happiness Score.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record in using data and research to develop amazing customer experiences that drive conversion
- Self-starter with excellent creative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to lead and partner across the organization
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving, the vision to help us advance it, and commitment to our core values
- Strong knowledge in social media marketing and platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Experience in PR and influencer marketing
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and planning tools
- Using direct mail, in-person events to acquire and convert prospects
- Experience with audience management, customer data strategy, services and platforms
- Familiarity with the use of CDP, DMP, DSP
- Tag management experience using Google Tag Manager
Benefits include flexible work hours, a family-friendly culture, telecommuting once a week, fully-stocked refrigerator with drinks, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal" (one of many true stories). And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, 25 days of paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and many more.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.