Business Partnerships Senior Associate
Are you a highly self-motivated individual with experience in building relationships with companies and managing complex projects? GlobalGiving is looking for a highly-organized and savvy business development professional to join our team. You will be responsible for supporting the activities of GlobalGiving’s Business Partnerships team and its portfolio of corporate partners. You'll have the opportunity to join a dynamic and mission-oriented team committed to using business as a force for good. The successful candidate will have experience in business development and sales, as well as excellent organizational skills.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
The Business Partnerships Senior Associate works with the Business Partnerships team to maintain current relationships, cultivate and close new partnerships, and streamline processes and data management. The Senior Associate will have the ability to multitask, prioritize, work across teams, and be flexible and willing to work on a wide variety of tasks.
- Support prospecting efforts by cultivating new leads as well as helping the team with proposal and content creation, research, and with meetings by phone and in-person.
- Manage small- and medium-sized partnerships such as gift cards and landing pages, as well as small grant or cause marketing programs or larger programs in partnership with a colleague.
- Project manage the team’s response to disasters, coordinating across other GlobalGiving teams and keeping partnership managers informed with new updates.
- Support existing partnerships of all sizes by executing activities such as invoicing, reporting, and customer service email and phone communications.
- Create and deliver quantitative and qualitative reports using Salesforce, Excel, Metabase, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. impact reports, grant reports, donation reports, gift card redemption reports, held funds and suspense account balance reports).
- Ensure that consistent, accurate, and organized records of BD prospects and partners and their activity exists in Salesforce and other systems.
- Support the Business Partnerships team in developing and aligning the corporate audience conference and content strategy (including Learn articles, lead magnets, case studies, one-pagers, and content partnerships) to grow sales-qualified leads, convert key prospects, cultivate influencer relationships, and position Business Partnerships team members as thought leaders.
- Translate internal and external Business Partnerships team needs into actionable requests for Marketing Communications, Operations, and Product teams.
- Provide business intelligence and competitive intelligence by leveraging monitoring tools, in-depth research, and internal data.
- 4+ years experience in corporate giving, CSR, sales and marketing, and/or international giving partnerships; experience and familiarity with sales of software is a plus.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail.
- Demonstrable sales and business development experience relevant to the business sector.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel functions, and other reporting and analytical tools such as SQL and Metabase.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar contact management systems and other workflow management tools, including Metabase, Confluence or similar.
- Comfort and enthusiasm about working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and with a diverse and high-energy team.
- Capacity to work well in teams, collaborate, and gain alignment horizontally and vertically within the organization.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal management oversight and be comfortable taking initiative and managing his/her time effectively.
- Commitment to the GlobalGiving mission and demonstrated alignment with GlobalGiving values.
- Willingness to travel for prospecting and partnership meetings, conferences, and/or event marketing.
- Evaluated against positional core competencies of Project Management, Revenue Generation, Program Delivery, and/or Strategic Thinking.
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $55k to $70k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Director of Business Development with the option to be remote for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role can either be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or continue to operate remotely. If you intend to apply as a remote-worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.