Business Partnerships Manager
Are you a highly self-motivated individual with experience establishing and managing partnerships designed to help companies do good in the world? GlobalGiving is looking for a globally-minded professional with excellent communication and relationship-building skills. You will be responsible for supporting the activities of GlobalGiving’s Business Partnerships team and its portfolio of corporate partners. You'll have the opportunity to join a dynamic and mission-oriented team committed to using business as a force for good. The successful candidate will have experience in international development and working with companies on global CSR and philanthropic programs.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
The Business Partnerships Manager is a key member of the Business Partnerships team responsible for managing ongoing partnerships with companies and supporting GlobalGiving in growing its roster of revenue-generating relationships. The Business Partnerships Manager works closely with GlobalGiving’s operations and marketplace teams to structure and implement corporate programs.
- Manage relationships with high-profile, sometimes highly demanding companies in a way that contributes demonstrably to GlobalGiving's sustainability and mission (70%)
- Provide “committed to wow” level of service to partners.
- Oversee program delivery across GlobalGiving teams, including the vetting and grants team, operations, tech, and program teams.
- Develop and manage complex projects with strong organizational and communications skills.
- Advise companies on international philanthropy and grantmaking.
- Bring value to our nonprofit partners through creative corporate partnerships.
- Deepen relationships with existing partnerships and identify new opportunities for engagement and supporting partner needs.
- Work collaboratively with the team on improving the partnership management function and our value proposition for corporations and foundations.
- Create and deliver quantitative and qualitative reports using Salesforce, Excel, Metabase, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. impact reports, grant reports, donation reports, and gift card redemption reports).
- Support the team’s prospecting efforts through upserving, research, strategic outreach, and relationship building to cultivate new deals and partnerships. (10%)
- Develop relationships with prospective corporate partners, closing new partnerships that drive both mission and financial sustainability; directly contribute to the team’s $5+ million earned revenue goal.
- Contribute content to support our marketing and communications to the corporate audience.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives within GlobalGiving that support the Business Partnership team’s objectives and strategic priorities for growth and impact. (20%)
- Stay current on shifting global political/regulatory environments, corporate philanthropy, and giving trends and use this information in the service of meeting team’s goals.
- Utilize Salesforce and other internal tools to maintain a real-time snapshot of relationships and forecast future revenue opportunities.
All candidates must be self-directed and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while bringing their own sense of humor and desire to change the world.
- 6+ years experience in corporate giving, international development, and/or international giving partnerships; experience and familiarity with international corporate giving and grantmaking a plus.
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Experience in advisory services and stakeholder facilitation.
- A growth mindset and the unique ability to operate at a strategic level, but also roll up his/her/their sleeves on operational/technical implementations.
- Strong account management and partnership development skills in a service-oriented environment, with specific experience working with corporations.
- Experience working in an online business environment and a strong sense of the technology behind e-commerce, crowdfunding and/or other philanthropic and cause programs.
- Proven success developing and presenting proposals to institutional partners/funders.
- A strong marketing orientation, with a demonstrated understanding of where GlobalGiving's approach fits in the philanthropic and international development ecosystem.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel functions, and other reporting and analytical tools such as SQL and Metabase.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar contact management systems and other workflow management tools, including Metabase, Confluence or similar.
- Enthusiasm about traveling - primarily domestically ~15% of the time (when it is considered safe again to do so).
- A sense of humor and a desire to work collaboratively.
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $75k to $90k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Director of Partnership Management with the option to be remote for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role can either be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or continue to operate remotely. If you intend to apply as a remote-worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.