Business Partnerships Manager, Technology Solutions
Are you passionate about leveraging technology to help companies be a force for good? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work with a mission-oriented team? Do you want to work with products that actually make an impact on people's lives?
GlobalGiving is looking for a highly self-motivated individual with experience managing partnerships and selling software solutions to join our team.
You will be responsible for managing ongoing partnerships with companies and supporting GlobalGiving in growing its roster of revenue-generating relationships. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with GlobalGiving's operations and product teams to structure and implement programs that leverage our technology solutions for philanthropic giving.
The successful candidate will have experience working with enterprise software systems and can translate customer needs into high-level technical specifications and configuration settings.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone's input and ideas are valued. We're committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Summary for Skimming: As a member of the Business Partnerships team, you will manage relationships with high-profile, sometimes highly demanding companies and connect them to the products and services that advance GlobalGiving's sustainability and mission. You will also support the team's prospecting efforts through upserving, strategic outreach, and relationship-building to cultivate new deals and partnerships that leverage our technological solutions. Finally, all partnership managers participate in cross-functional initiatives within GlobalGiving that further the Business Partnership team's objectives and priorities for growth and impact.
- Relationship and project management:
- Provide "committed to wow" level of service to partners.
- Oversee program delivery across GlobalGiving teams, including the vetting and grants team, operations, tech and program teams.
- Educate existing and potential partners on the value of GlobalGiving's products and services.
- Understand partners' needs and desired outcomes and effectively communicate on how GlobalGiving's products will meet them.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and/or supporting technical projects, showcasing strong project management skills.
- Work collaboratively with the team on improving the partnership management function and our value proposition for corporations and foundations.
- Develop relationships with prospective corporate partners, closing new partnerships that drive both mission and financial sustainability; directly contribute to the team's $5+ million earned revenue goal.
- Knowledge and data management:
- Stay current on CSR, corporate philanthropy, and giving trends and use this information in the service of meeting team's goals.
- Utilize Salesforce and other internal tools to maintain a real-time snapshot of relationships and forecast future revenue opportunities.
- Collect and analyze data to support the management of corporate partnerships and improving service level offerings.
- Create and deliver quantitative and qualitative reports using Salesforce, Excel, and Metabase (e.g. impact reports, grant reports, donation reports, gift card redemption reports, and accounts receivable)
- Document customer needs and translate them into technical specifications and configuration settings in content management systems, application configurations, and reporting consoles.
- Motivated Self:
- Exceptional self-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while bringing your own sense of humor, creativity, desire to change the world, and a passion for corporate giving.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 5+ years experience in corporate giving, CSR social sector, software solution sales, and/or international giving partnerships.
- Demonstrable experience with selling software or related service, particularly in the CSR/ nonprofit space.
- A growth mindset and the ability to think at a strategic level, but also roll up their sleeves on operational/technical implementations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Apps, especially advanced Excel functions, and other reporting tools.
- Strong account management and/or partnership development skills in a service-oriented environment.
- Validated organizational ability, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for traveling - primarily domestically ~15% of the time (when it is considered safe again to do so).
- The ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in corporate social responsibility, international development, information systems, business, or something similar.
- Experience working in an online business environment and a strong sense of the technology behind e-commerce, crowdfunding and/or other philanthropic and cause programs.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar contact management systems and other workflow management tools, including analytical tools such as SQL and Metabase.
- Experience in international grantmaking.
- Proven success developing and presenting proposals to institutional partners/funders.
- Preference for, and experience in, working in a self-motivated way in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, often coordinating quickly with decision makers.
- A strong marketing orientation, with a demonstrated understanding of where GlobalGiving's approach fits in the philanthropic and international development ecosystem.
Salary Range + Benefits
$75k to $88k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped 182 girls go to school for a year." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Director, Partner Management and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.