Business Partnerships Associate
GlobalGiving’s mission is to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. We work with nonprofits, individual donors, and companies to support community-led nonprofits around the world. To date, we have supported more than 31,000 charitable projects with $680 million of funding from 1.5 million donors across 170 countries around the world—and we’re still growing!
Our Business Partnerships team works with Fortune 500 companies like 3M, Nike, and Ford Motor Company Fund to support their global social impact goals. The team helps companies with employee engagement, consumer-facing cause marketing campaigns, international grantmaking, and more.
The Business Partnerships Associate supports GlobalGiving’s Business Partnerships team with a specific focus on prospecting and new business development efforts. In this role, you will report to the Associate Director of Business Development and work with the Business Partnerships team to cultivate and close new partnerships, maintain current relationships, and streamline processes and data management. You will need the ability to multitask, prioritize, and be flexible and willing to work on a wide variety of tasks.
- Serve as the first point of contact for companies and provide exceptional customer service to companies looking to partner.
- Use customer service tools like Zendesk and customer relationship management tools such as Salesforce to track communications with companies and discover outreach opportunities.
- Support prospecting by cultivating new leads as well as helping the team with proposal and content creation, research, and with meetings by phone and video call.
- Scan media for opportunities to engage in corporate philanthropy and corporate social media discussions.
- Assist in content creation about best practices in global corporate philanthropy for marketing purposes.
- Support new and existing corporate partnerships by conducting research, having introductory calls, preparing proposals, assisting with outreach, building giving pages, generating charitable gift cards, and creating impact reports.
- Support management of knowledge and management of gift card products for the Business Partnerships team and work with internal teams to shape and document additional product improvements.
- Support management of corporate partner portfolios by communicating with employees, generating reports on programmatic activity, and identifying nonprofit partners for corporate campaigns, as necessary.
- Track and attend webinars and conferences about corporate philanthropy topics.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, marketing, international studies, social enterprise, corporate philanthropy, or related fields.
- At least 1-3 years of combined business, marketing, international studies, social enterprise, corporate philanthropy, and/or sales experience.
- Experience in support roles delivering high-quality customer service to internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Clear and kind communication skills with a strong orientation towards sales and customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative environment while maintaining attention to detail and remaining flexible.
- Comfort and enthusiasm about working in an entrepreneurial environment with a diverse and high-energy team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel functions, and reporting and analytical tools such as Metabase.
- You are committed to ensuring Race, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI) principles are actively a part of your day-to-day work with your teammates and GlobalGiving stakeholders.
- You are committed to community led principles, putting GlobalGiving’s nonprofit partners in the driver’s seat of change; you have a belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Tech savvy and enjoy learning new systems and technologies.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal management oversight and be comfortable taking initiative and managing his/her/their time effectively.
- You have knowledge of and interest in CSR, ESG, charitable giving, or related fields.
- Ability to apply creative and critical thinking to contribute to team learning, improvement, and innovation.
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $50k to $52k
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position. This role will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.