Associate Manager of Vetting Programs
Are you passionate about risk management? Do you thrive in an environment where you can shape and build new processes? GlobalGiving is looking for a seasoned project manager with a systems mindset and passion for workflows to join our team.
You will be responsible for consolidating and streamlining all supporting activities that drive GlobalGiving’s vetting programs, including but not limited to: intake of new requests, vetting communications, customer service management, workflow iteration, and status reports. You will evolve due diligence services to meet the needs of our corporate partners by serving as an internal advisor to GlobalGiving’s business partnerships team to cultivate a community of trusted nonprofits. And you will supervise junior staff responsible for implementing updates to GlobalGiving’s due diligence requirements, compliance policies, and documentation of our risk management practices.
The successful candidate will have experience in, or exposure, to nonprofit compliance. GlobalGiving performs rigorous due diligence on every organization in the GlobalGiving community in order to ensure they are performing charitable work in a transparent and accountable manner, and that they meet local requirements for registration with their local government. You'll have the opportunity to think creatively about the dynamic between risk, trust, and impact in a global context in this role.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Vetting Assessments: Complete the final stage of due diligence review diligence and/or guide vetting staff through alternative recommendations based on best practice. Through consistent due diligence review, you will become an in-house expert in four key areas of due diligence risk: compliance, program implementation, financial accountability, and reputation.
- Application Management: Develop standard reports and dashboards to monitor the status of due diligence applications across multiple vetting programs. You will be responsible for the status of service-level agreements and key performance indicators for all due diligence activities.
- Knowledge Management: Own and maintain GlobalGiving’s internal wikipedia of due diligence resources based on organizational needs, ranging from country-specific regulations to program-specific workflows, and contribute to GlobalGiving’s Learn Library as appropriate. Documentation is critical to the success of our vetting services. You may identify and assign research projects in support of program objectives.
- Compliance Support: Implement strategic initiatives and support cross-departmental projects addressing GlobalGiving’s risk management needs as assigned.
- Fellow Management: Oversee recruitment and training of new, annual Vetting Fellows who serve as front-line due diligence reviewers. You will supervise each Fellow, including performance evaluation, mentorship and ongoing feedback on quality of vetting assessments and program support.
- Continuous Improvement: Research and identify new technologies, tools or techniques that improve the efficiency of GlobalGiving’s vetting and due diligence operations. Help us know what we don’t know. We’ll send you to conferences and provide other professional opportunities to assist your continued development in project and workflow management.
- Motivated Self: Superb self-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced while bringing your own sense of humor, desire to change the world, and your passion for process improvement.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 3+ years professional experience in a project management capacity.
- Professional experience in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors.
- The ability to identify process improvements and work with internal teams to understand, anticipate, and improve user experience and needs.
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory policies or governance institutions at national and global levels.
- People management training and/or experience.
- The ability to drive assigned tasks, which may entail finding your way through ambiguity.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively and independently.
- The ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving, commitment to our core values, and a strong desire to learn/grow.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to read, understand and relay technical information accurately and concisely to non-technical staff
- Experience with project management platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of data collection, quality control of data, and data management practices
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $55k - $65k
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Senior Manager of Vetting and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must have U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.