Thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best for the Holidays and 2013. We continue to wait to hear whether or not we received a grant for a feasibility study for the station. A feasibility study is needed in order to apply for state and federal funding. In addition to state and federal funding to rehabilitate the historic building into a community/visitors center and a gateway to the Viaduct Valley Way Scenic Byway, donations from supporters will still be needed. The state grant we applied for would cover 75 percent of the cost of the feasibility study, while individual donations would be used to cover our 25 percent cost share. The feasibility study will tell us specific details about the condition of the station, in order to give us a better understanding of how much work and funds will be needed to complete the project. We can then move forward with our project. As soon as we find out, we'll share the news with you. In the meantime, we hope you'll consider thinking of us if you are looking to make additional end of the year contributions to charities. We also are continuing to work with our stakeholders who have historical preservation expertise to ensure a successful project! If you have any questions or have information on the station that you would like to share, please let us know. Thank you and happy holidays!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
This project is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.