Dear donors, supporters, and friends,
The last three months have been very interesting for The Rickshaw Project team. Here is a quick update on what we've been working on.
1. Over the last three months, our driving crew has undergone the following trainings -
-Road training/driving lessons/traffic signs
-Basic english conversation skills (for non-Urdu speaking customers who will use our rickshaws)
-Advocacy training/advocacy roadmap which the team will use to adress key issues over the course of the project
2. Suzuki Motors in Pakistan heard about The Rickshaw Project and has offered to help us further improve our rickshaws. Their R&D department has offered to look at the existing retrofitting for accessibility, and add safety features at no additional cost. Our crew is simply thrilled!
3. Avari Hotels Karachi has partnered with us! The entire hotel staff made a donation from their "Tips for Life" fund towards the retrofitting and refurbishment of one rickshaw. Thank you Avari.
4. The project received a donation from a wonderful French artist who recently exhibited his paintings here in Karachi, Pakistan. Proceeds from the sale of two of his paintings were donated to The Rickshaw Project! We will be able to retrofit and design three rickshaws with the donation! We're very happy...
5. The rickshaw team, along with some help from friends the the project, build a ramp at our field office. Please do check out the attached pictures.
Next week, we will be heading to the Traffic and Licensing Office, with our newly retrofitted rickshaws, to obtain our drivers licenses. Wish us luck!
Check out our facebook page for frequent updates and photos!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.