Dear fellow Earth-ship cosmonaut!
For the past decade, since I understood the crucial global importance of the glorious Altai Mountains and their beleaguered indigenous stewards, I have devoted all my time and all my resources (my income, my savings, my inheritance) to finding ways that a Westerner could help and not do further damage. Now YOUR continuing help is needed.
The Altai people are now finding ways to positively respond, and have asked for YOUR help. Several projects, mentioned below, directly support Altai villages to re-build their sacred culture and thus sustain Mother Earth.
The cosmic energy that flows into the Earth in Altai feeds all of us! Some Western scientists recognize this, however the ancient mechanisms must still be actively protected. For various reports/updates, see our newly revamped website: www.AltaiMir.org.
Your contribution will be DOUBLED until April 15th. An ADDITIONAL 30% will be added if you can donate ON-LINE on TUESDAY, MARCH 16 (at www.AltaiMir.org)
• $10 = transports 1 regional Altai elder to lead a remote village's self-organizing meeting
• $32 = enables 1 person to map a sacred site to protect it from being sold/developed
• $64 = pays land registration fees for 1 Altai family
• $100 = provides start-up supplies for 1 communal village industry in the traditional way
• $500 = supports 1 Altai educator to develop culturally appropriate curricula for indigenous children for a month
• $1000 = buys 1 portable yurt for use as a village youth meeting place and cultural center
PROTECT MOTHER EARTH NOW!! We ALL must lay the groundwork!
100% of what we receive goes directly into projects in Altai (unless specified by donor).
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.