- Severe drought has hit northern Kenya and so many children are being mal-nourished and many perishing and through the kitchen gardens you will make the families more resilient to drought and reduce the number of deaths.
- The project will help provide household food security to 10 most vulnerable families.
- Training in Kitchen Gardening and provision of seeds, tools and equipments to 10 households.
-The current food insecurity situation experienced at household level is attributed to prolonged drought situation besides low livestock herd sizes that was occasioned after the recent prolonged drought period.
-Skipping meals, sharing of relief food, purchasing food on credit and consuming cheaper foods, which is an indication of serious food shortages at household level.
-Lack of skills in kitchen gardening and tools for gardening.
- Reduce current food insecurity situation and provide training skills; seeds and water tank to most affected households.
- It will help most vulnerable households not to skip meals and reduce dependency on food aid.
- It will ensure food security at household level both for the family and surplus to sale and take care of other needs
- The provision of training in kitchen gardening and tools to work with will reduce the number of most vulnerable households during this drought period and beyond.
- It will help in increasing resilience to drought while reducing vulnerability to drought will increased capacity to produce own food crops for household consumption.
It was hard to start and belief that it was possible; but having done it practically, i know it is possible to feed your family and not depend on others to feed your family for you! - Mzee Sabur, An elder who planted tomatoes
This project has been retired and is no longer accepting donations.
This project is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.