The last few months were very productive for the Centre for Information and Support for Large Families:
1) Together with other 20 participants from 6 different countries we had a meeting in Klaipeda where the discussion regarding the possibilities and ways to improve mutual intergenerational communication by using innovative methods of intergenerational learning took place;
2) 24 young people with limited possibilities participated in various international youth projects, where they received more knowledge and experience in cultural, ecological and community development areas and were trained to be leaders in personal and community life;
3) In partnership with other organizations, one day festivity (2014 06 21) with attractions, games and handcraft activities for poor children was organized;
4) Director of the Centre for Information and Support for Large Families Regina Sevelkaitiens became a member of Klaipeda City Municipality Council for the Family (goal of Family Council - help to implement municipal functions, creating a family-friendly environment in the Municipality and to strengthen co-operation between local authorities and agencies and non-governmental organizations working with families or their representatives).
We are very thankful to all volunteers, cooperating organizations, donors and especially to God, who blessed our events!
Our current task is to organize a summer camp for children from large families, who otherwise have no possibilities to afford any kind of holiday away from home. The summer camp is to take place in August 2014 and it is planned for 50 children to attend, therefore we kindly ask for your financial support.
50$ will ensure safe, healthy, happy one-week holiday per child.
We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone. Ronald Reagan
We have very good news! Your donation activates local support!
1) Traditional humanitarian aid action "Medley day" what takes place in Western Lithuania from ancient times, this year chose to help large families. Under support of TV journalist Edita Mildazyte and Klaipeda city mayor's wife Inga Grubliauskiene, this action collected about 80 000 Lt. 55 thousand litas were spent to buy minibus for the Cenre for Information and Support for Large Families! More information:
2) Journalist Radvile Zinkeviciute noticed information about the project "Renovate for 2300 underprivileged Lithuanian kids" and regional newspaper "KLAIPEDA" on 2014-03-20 published the article “Support for large families – under one roof”. This information helps to attract local donors, supporters, volunteers to take part/ to help for the project more actively:
The Centre for Information and Support for Large Families is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with a mission of helping large families to avoid, prevent and solve different problems that can influence children socialization negatively.
Serving underprivileged families and providing indispensable services during the period of July – September, 2013 “The Centre for Information and Support for Large Families” organized 62 different activities for 283 large families. Three humanitarian aid actions were performed for inducing community’s will and actions to share, collect and divide clothes, shoes and furniture for the less-fortunate. 7596,6 kg of food was packed into 600 packages and 1942 indigent people were supported in partnership with Food Bank. 210 families regularly (2-3 times per week) receive newsletters with interesting, useful and educational information.
Special attention was paid to children and youth. Children enjoyed summer camp and 35 young active volunteers participated at different youth trainings and international youth exchange programs (five times during July-September 2013 period).
We invite everyone to be a part of our ultimate goals in both, organization and society — cutting down poverty circle and empowering underprivileged large families, children and youth.
We want to say THANK YOU for every single one of the donors at GlobalGiving, whose donations still helps to renovate "Community house for Families" and carry out special services for underprivileged families, youth and children. Your open hearts and giving hands made huge positive changes in many lives.
Link to our THANK YOU VIDEO:
Our young long-term volunteer Ida Sevelkaityte, who grew up in a big family, didn't forget lessons learned and experiences, abilities and capacities acquaired at The Centre For Information and Support for Large Families. For three years she is studying at Weimar Konservatorium in Germany. Together with friend from China Yichen Zhang she created song "The Wave of sharing" for the Video Contest "Youth against poverty" 2013 and donated it to our organization.
Also active mother of big family Vitalija Visinskiene attended courses for leaders of non-governmental organizations and learned how to create video films using IT technologies. You can see her first "movie", asking to help for project "Renovate for 2300 underprivileged Lithuanian kids" in Lithuanian and English..
And the team of helpers and volunteers is growing, and the team of youth actyvists and volunteers in the organization is growing too.
Let’s create together the Wave of sharing! Thank you everyone for your "helping hand" , "open heart" and financial support!
Words of the song "The Wave of sharing"
I will share with you, you will share with him...
Let’s create the Wave of sharing
Poverty, hunger, and big inequality
Must be ended by common efforts.
Let’s go fight for Millennium goals
Start from yourself
Wake up your friends and neighbors around,
Invite your society, countries and nations.
Share your knowledge, best technologies.
Per period 2013 January - June there were 122 different activities for 450 large families with purpose to improve skills for communication "in" and "outside" the family. The main method used - mutual intergenerational learning. We partner with 6 different NGO's. Our team at the moment - about 40 volunteers.
Some moments of this period - http://youtu.be/ci6_QFQ4rNE
We invite everyone to become partner in this journey.
Our activities have received a great response so far, but our clients are still in high need of the following
essential thing - minibus - to transport measures and equipment, volunteers and kids, to collect and to transport humanitarian aid to needy people.
We invite you to make steps helping most vulnerable families and kids!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.