PROJECT TITLE: REHABILITATION OF THANE CYCLONE VICTIMS IN SOUTH INDIA (9753)
REPORT TITLE: DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING
REPORT PERIOD: 01.07.12 to 31. 07.12
SCHOOL LEVEL DISASTER RISK REDUCTION TRAINING PROGRAMME
Date : 23.07.12
Venue : Govt.Hr.Sec.School, Pachaiyankuppam
Presidence : Mr. M.Thillaikkarasan
Head master, Govt. High School, Pachaiyankuppam
In the presence of : Mrs .R .Balasaraswathi
Assistant Headmistress, Govt .High School, Pachaiyankuppam
On 23.07.2012 school level disaster risk reduction training programme was held at the cyclone Thane held by Global giving and Chevaliar Roche Society in an united at the affected village Pachayankuppam Panchayat Govt. High School Mr.M.Thillaikkarasan, Headmaster presided over this function in the presence of Mrs.R.Balasaraswithi, Asst.Headmistress team with the leadership of planning manager offered the training to the boys and girl students. During the training following information were given:
- Natural and artificial disasters were explained.
- It was thought how to act as soon as the early warning was received
- It was thought how shall the victims escape and reach the safety places
- It was explained how to do the first aid during the disaster times
- It was also taught how to give the artificial respiration when the victims are in fainting induction
- Controlling method of Hemorrhage was taught
- They were taught how to save themselves from the fire accidents .Methods of avoiding fire accidents were taught
- Rules to be followed during the rainy season were taught
- Instructions to be followed were explained as soon as the cyclone warning was received
- Precaution activities to be taken as soon as the cyclone warning was received
- It was taught what shall be done as soon as the tremor warning is got
- It was informed for their learning how to keep up the cleanliness for avoiding the contagious diseases
- Finally Mrs.D.Anbarasi ,Tamil teacher offered the counseling about the training and delivered the vote of thanks
DISASTER MANAGEMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME
Date : 27.07.12
Venue : Manakkupam village, Cuddalore Block
Presidence : Mr. R.Senthil Nayagam, Pachaiyankuppam Panchayat
In the presence of : Mrs.V .Jothi, Social work, Pachaiyankuppam union
Organizations Global giving and Chevaliar Roche society convened the disaster management training programme on 27.07.2012 at Manakuppam village which was affected by cyclone Thane. In the presence of Mrs.V.Jothi, Social worker Mr.R.Senthil Nayagam, Vice-president, Pachayankuppam, Panchayat Union presided over the programme. This village is an area of river and sea joining together. In the domestic area of the village there is the risk of protruding of river water. Therefore a team under the leadership of the project manager, Chevaliar Roche society provide the special attention offered the Disaster Management Training in a well arranged manner. During the time of training following were taught
- Earlier arrangements to be done during the rainy season was taught
- Safety measures for the people who live in the areas of sea-shore and river bank were taught
- Arrangements to be taken were informed as soon as the early warning was received
- Way of finding the risky places were taught
- It was also taught to the community what records and articles should be taken with them
- It was coached to them if a disaster comes, what damages it would make
- People were advised to look after the stagnant water should not be bound anywhere in their village area.
- Also it was taught to keep up the cleanliness in order to control the contagious diseases
- It was also taught that early warning is necessary before disaster.
DISASTER & RISK MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Day : 30.07.2012
Venue : Sothikkuppam
Presidence : MR.P.M. Sivaraman, 4TH Ward Member
Presence : Mrs. Jeyalakshmi
Panchayat Union Writer
Pachayankuppam Panchayat Union
Organizations Global Giving and Chevaliar Roche Society unitedly convened the Disaster and Risk Management Training Programme on 30.07.12 at the village Sothikkuppam Cuddalore district which was affected by cyclone Thane Mr. P.M. Siva Raman, panchayat member, 4th ward presided over the function in the presence of Mrs. Jeyalakshmi, clerk, panchayat union, pachayankuppam panchayat with the presidence of the project Manager, and his team Chevaliar Roche Society offered the Training to boys and girls students. Following information were given during the training
« It was taught regarding the types of natural and artificial disasters.
« It was learnt by the community about the defects being occurred by the disasters
« Early warning about the disaster was taught.
« It was taught about the searching and protection.
« It was also explained about providing the first AID help to the people affected by the disaster.
« Ideas were given about searching and knowing the alternative routes.
« Explanations were given about going to the safe places and stay over there.
« Details of contacting the Govt.Departments were given to the community.
« Precaution methods to avoid fire accidents were given.
« Rehearsal of Disaster also was taught
« Detailed explanations were given to the community about protecting themselves every day from the poisonous insects, snakes, beasts etc.
Finally Mrs. Muniyammal Animator, Mahalir Thittam Self Help Group offered the vote of thanks.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.