PROJECT TITLE: REHABILITATION OF THANE CYCLONE VICTIMS IN SOUTH INDIA (9753)
REPORT TITLE: DISASTER RISK REDUCTION TRAINING
REPORT PERIOD: 01.4.12 TO 30.04.12
Date : 9.04.12 & 10.4.12
Time : 10 am to 5 pm
Venue : Mavadippalayam village
Arisiperiyan kuppam panchayat
Cuddalore block, Cuddalore District.
Global Giving and Chevaliar Roche Society jointly offered the disaster & Risk Reduction Training programme for the affected community in the Mavadippalayam village. Global Giving aided project CRS managers offered the training. This village has been heavily affected during the cyclone thane hit the same village has been affected already with the cyclone Nisha. This inhabitants of this village are tribal people. They are mostly illiterate and they have no awareness about the disasters generally. Therefore we gave more importance to this village and provided the training to them. Mr.Arangi, Panchayat president, Arisiperiyan Kuppam presided over the function in the presence of Mr.Vadivelu, Vice president and Mr.Sakthivelu, Panchayat secretary.
We train as follows
- Preparation of the Disaster Management plan
- Contents of the plan were taught to them in detail
- Teaching of Early Warning Communication
- Teaching seeking the affected and injured community during the time of disaster.
- Teaching of saving the important documents and running away to the safe places
- Teaching of farming a Disaster management committee in the village itself
- Teaching about the importance and service of this committee
- Teaching the committee to gave more importance to the vulnerable community.
- Emphasizing the committee to serve as a bridge between the Govt. and the affected village.
- Importance of Insurance policy was emphasized.
As the community in this village were illiterate and belong to the tribal community we offered them training theoretically and practically. Hence they were much interested and understood clearly.
Date : 18.04.12 & 19.4.12
Venue : Singirikudi Panchayat office , Cuddalore block
Disaster Risk Reduction training was offered to the community of the village Singirikudi in Cuddalore district, which was affected by the cyclone Thane. Global Giving and Chevaliar Roche Society jointly offered the training. Manager and team, Chevaliar Roche Society performed this training. Mrs. Rajeswari Haridasar President, Singirikudi Panchayat presided over this function in the presence of Mr. Palanivel, Panchayat at secretary.
- This is the village affected heavily with Tsunami cyclone Nisha and Thane
- Strengthening of the Disaster and Risk Management Team
- Teaching of the works to covered before and after the disaster.
- Teaching of Evacuation routes should traced and these routes should be drawn on the floor of a public place.
- Activities of a teams were explained in detail
- Announcing the necessity of Panchhayat level disaster Management plan to the village people.
- Emphazing the identification of most vulnerable places and vulnerable people in the village
- Announcing how to locate the safety places
- Along with this the Mock drill programme was offered to the people in the village
- Emphasizing the people to convey the points they heard to their children
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.