PROJECT TITLE: PROMOTION OF ORGANIC FARMING IN THOOTHUKUDI
REPORT TITLE : AWARENESS MEET FOR VERMI COMPOST AND USEFULNESS TRAINING PROGAMME
REPORT PERIOD: 01.06.12 to 30.06.12
DATE : 22-06-2012
PLACE : Nallur Panchayat, Tiruchendur Block Thoothukudi District
PRESIDENCE : Mr.S.Vellapandi, President Nallur . Farmers Club
PRESENCE : Mr.S.Murugan , Secretary Nallur Farmers Club
On 22-06-2012 Awareness meet for vermicompost and usefulness training programme was held at Nallur Panchayat , Tiruchendur Block, Thoothukudi District by the organizations Global Giving and Chevaliar roche Society .In the presence of Mr.S . Vellapandi , President , Nallur Farmers club Presided over this training programme . Project Manager and his Team of Chevaliar Roche Society offered the Awareness Training . Following information was taught to the farmers gathered there :
1) A detailed explanation about the evils of using the artificial fertilizers .
2) It was also explained about the defects to the soil fertility being caused by the artificial fertilizers.
3) It was described how the microbiotics are destroyed by the artificial fertilizers and strong insecticides .
4) It was also said in an elaborate manner how the food crops become intoxicated by the usage of artificial fertilizers.
5) The way of underground water becoming as poisonous by the usage of artificial fertilizers and insecticides was explained in a detailed manner.
6) How the surrounding environment is polluted by the usage of artificial fertilizers? – A detailed explanation was given .
7) It was emphasized that the usage of vermicost is the only remedy for all those defects and damages .
8) An elaborate explanation of soil fertility , water fertility ,health of the humanity in the programme .
We took the farmers finally to the agricultural lands to view those and the crops grown by application of vermicost . Finally then Mr . Parisamuthu Senior member of the Nallur farmers club conveyed the vote of thanks
VERMICOMPOST TRAINING PROGRAMMES
DATE : 23-06-2012
PLACE : Varandiyavel Panchayat,Alwar Thirunayeri Block ,
PRESIDENCE : Mr.Arumugu Thevar, Farmers Association
PRESENCE : Mr.Vel Murugan , Panchayat Varandiyavel Panchayat .
On behalf of the organizations Global Giving and Chevaliar Roche Society on 23 – 06 -2012 at Varandiyavel Panchayat , Alwar ThirunayariBlock,Thoothukudi District , Vermicompst Awareness Training Programme was conveyed for the common people and farmers in the village . Mr . Arumuga Thevar , President , Farmers Association Presided over tha Training Programme in the presence of Mr.Velmurugan , Panchayat clerk , Varandiyavel Panchayat . Project Manager and his Team , Chevaliar Roche Society offered the Training to the community . Following information was taught :
1) Manufacture of vermicompost by the things being easily received at the house was taught .
2) The way of manufacturing vermicompost by using the vegetable wastes and excretion of bulls , sheep and goats .
3) Manufacturing ways of vermicompost by Tab method and symbolic method was explained and taught to the community .
4) Manufacture of vermicompost by using waste leaves and stems were described in detail .
5) Through the solid waste management manufacturingthe natural Fertilizer was explained and taught .
6) Manufacturing methods of panchakaviya , Amirtha mattic and Amirtha jalli (Bio fertilizers) were taught to the participants of the training programme .
7) It was also explained how the Neem seeds could be used as Natural fertilizer and as an insecticide .
The farmers were taken finally to the plantain gardens , coconut gardens where the Organic fertilizers were used .We all along with the farmers viewed the above mentioned plants .
ORGANIC AGRICULTURAL LAND DEVOLPMENT PROGRAMME
On 25-06-2012 at North Nallur village , Thiruchendur Block , Thoothukudi District the organizations Global Giving and Chevaliar Roche Society unitedly arranged the Organic Agricultural Land Development Programme As a Part of this programme field bund information was done at agricultural lands .By doing this work following benefits are got:
1) Rain water storage.
2) Increase in ground water level.
3) Protection of water taste.
4) Protection of soil fertility.
5) Soil erosion is avoided.
6) Protection of minerals in the soil.
7) Protection of microbioticsin the soil
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.