The project at the School 618 in Pepiri (Misiones) was successfully performed and completed. The entire roof was replaced and covered with zinc. Windows were repaired as well.
In this way, children will have their daily classes and they will not be exposed to weather conditions nor to high and low temperatures. In the last two storms the roof had been severely damaged, and the water fell directly in the classroom. Also, during summer, temperatures were up 104 F and during winter below -10 F.
This is more than a repair project. It is a quality live project.
Schools located in remote areas serves as a great contention for children, especially because the attendance to class ensure them to receive their daily meal. As the children walk miles to attend, even several times they sleep in the classroom.
In addition the school servers a nursing room during the pediatric services provided as part of our support plan for remote zones in Argentina.
As you can see, the repair of the roof has an exponential impact on the lives of the children in the community. For instance once of the main activities in repair projects in school located in remote zones is to remove poisonous insect and snake nests threaten the children's lives.
Thank you so much on behalf of the whole Pepiri (Misiones) community and Norma Holoveski (teacher) to everyone adding hands and helping with donations and work to make them feel that they are important and have an opportunity, and for trusting in our foundation to be the liaison between the children who need our help and yourselves.
Sumando Manos Foundation
The year is almost over and it has been very intense, full of challenges and hard work. Throughout the year we have not only worked on existing projects but we have also set new goals, which we were able to achieve thanks to your support. This is the time to reflect on our actions and give thanks and share accomplishments with those who help and trust us. Please see a summary of the main accomplishments and the activities done during the last quarter of 2012 below. (attached you will find the report Spanish version)
Projects and accomplishments
·Transportes Don Max y Expreso Jovan (Chaco)
· Transporte Vesprini (Neuquén)
· Transportes San Juan Mar del Plata (Salta)
· Expreso Petrovalle (Misiones)
· Transporte Almafuerte (Entre Rios, Santa Fe y Corrientes)
Congratulations to all the teachers, directors and children who have completed the 2012 school year overcoming obstacles such as extremely bad weather or walking long distances to get to school. It is for them that we work hard, so they can live a better life now and in the future.
News and Events:
Thanks to all the people who contribute this way and for your support during the Bonus Day event on October 17, which generated an additional 30% in donations. Next year, the dates of these special events will be posted on our calendar. They will be held in March, June and October.
If you are planning to participate in a marathon or any other sporting event, please contact us to benefit Sumando Manos Foundation.
Happy Holidays to everyone! It's our wish that for 2013 all of us have the conviction, enthusiasm, understanding, commitment, patience and above all the love to do everything possible to make a better world.
We continue helping more than 7000 unprivileged children in Argentina through the work done by our nonprofit organization: Sumando Manos Foundation.
A generous anonymous donor has agreed to match 100% of new monthly donations from December 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012. Making a monthly recurring donation to our project to provide pediatric services in remote areas in Argentina and that donation will be matched! For example, if you set up a new $25 monthly recurring donation, GlobalGiving will donate an additional $25 to the project. Here is the link:
Any amount is very helpful for the nutrition, health and education programs that we are managing to improve the children lives and their communities
Have a wonderful holidays and a happy new year. All the best for you an your families,
Hola a todos!
Continuamos ayudando a mas de 7000 niños y sus escuelas de frontera en Argentina a través del trabajo que realizamos con nuestra organización: Sumando Manos Foundation.
Un generoso donante anónimo ha acordado dar el 100% adicional para nuevas donaciones mensuales recurrentes que se hagan entre el 1ro de diciembre de 2012 a 31 de diciembre de 2012. Si alguien hace una donación recurrente mensual a nuestro proyecto para proporcionar servicios pediátricos en áreas remotas de Argentina, su donación será duplicada!. Por ejemplo, si ingresas una nueva donación recurrente mensual de $25, GlobalGiving donará $25 adicionales para el proyecto. Aquí está el enlace..
Cualquier cantidad es de mucha ayuda para los proyectos de salud, nutrición y educación que estamos realizando para mejorar la calidad de vida de los chicos y sus comunidades.
Aprovecho para desearles a todos que tenga unas felices fiestas y año nuevo. Todo lo mejor a para ustedes y sus familias,
Dear Friend,Your constant help through the last years allows us to provide medical services and nutrition to thousands of children in rural schools of Argentina. Thanks to these programs supported by your help, critical heath problems related to nutrition deficiencies, dentistry problems and skin diseases are being gradually decreased.
These programs have a profound effect on the children and their communities located in remote areas in which the access to a hospital or medicine is virtually non-existent; and through them children are touched in an incredible way by having access to basic needs and by transforming the communities and making them believe that there is hope.
However, these programs need to be performed constantly in a regular basis to ensure their effectiveness.
On October 17th , GlobalGiving.org is matching at 30% all online donations! In addition to the 30% match, GlobalGiving is offering additional US$ 1000 prizes to the project that raises the most funds that day and to the project that receives donations from the most individual donors!
I will appreciate your donation to our project to support our health care and nutrition programs using the link below: $10 provides breakfast for a month for a child and $25 covers the pediatric service and medicine too.
THANKS for helping the children to have an opportunity for a better future and for trusting in our foundation to be the liaison between the children who needs our help and yourselves.
Octubre 17, Por favor, ayúdennos a proporcionar servicios de pediatría en zonas remotas de la Argentina.
Estimado amigo(a),Su constante ayuda a través de los últimos años nos permite ofrecer servicios médicos y de nutrición para miles de niños en las escuelas rurales de la Argentina. Gracias a estos programas apoyados por su ayuda, problemas críticos de salud relacionados con deficiencias nutricionales, problemas de odontología y enfermedades de la piel se han ido reduciendo gradualmente.
Estos programas tienen un profundo efecto en los niños y sus comunidades ubicadas en zonas remotas en las que el acceso a un hospital o a la medicina es prácticamente inexistente. A través de ellos los niños y sus comunidades se ven impactados de una forma increíble al tener acceso a cubrir necesidades básicas, así como también se ve afectada la mejora en su calidad de vida por la constate atención que a través de los años brindamos con estos programas.
Como estos programas deben llevarse a cabo constantemente en una base regular para asegurar su eficacia, nuevamente solicitamos su ayuda, y este 17 de Octubre, la organización GlobalGiving nos otorgara un 30% adicional por todas las donaciones que recibamos on-line para nuestro proyecto entre el primer minuto y el mediodía (horarios de USA, costa del Este)
Adicionalmente al 30%, la organización GlobalGiving estará ofreciendo premios adicionales de US$ 1000 al proyecto que consiga ese día la mayor cantidad de recaudación y al proyecto que reciba la mayor cantidad de donaciones individuales!
Agradecemos su donación a nuestro proyecto a través del siguiente enlace, y como referencia por favor tenga presente que con US$10 estará cubriendo de desayuno por un mes por un niño y con US$ 25 cubrirá el servicio de pediatría y medicina también.
Este es el enlace: https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/pediatric-services-in-remote-areas-of-argentina/
Muchas gracias por ayudar a los niños a tener una oportunidad para un futuro mejor y por confiar en nuestra fundación para ser el enlace entre los niños que necesita nuestra ayuda y su generosidad.
Dear friends of Sumando Manos Foundation,
Once again, we share our news bulletin. During this year we’ve done many activities and our projects kept growing thanks to the invaluable help received from all of you.
Accomplishments and projects:
· We continued sending food to the schools in Pampa del Indio, Chaco as part of our campaign “For a Child’s Breakfast”. Through this program, approximately 250 children receive food daily.
· Santa Clara Civil Association completed several trips where they visited 14 schools in Chaco (4 schools), Entre Ríos (2 schools), Santiago del Estero (2 schools), Salta (1 school) and Jujuy (5 schools). They travelled over 11,000 Km through parts of the roads which are dirt and gravel to visit 14 rural schools. They provided pediatric medical and dental attention and also educated children and their parents about hygiene habits. They also took care of burn cases, where the immediate medical attention was critical to avoid serious infections. These continuous visits throughout the years have contributed to the improvement of life quality in these communities and have helped reduce the number of malnutrition cases, skin disease and improve dental health. Food, medicines, toys, school supplies, clothing and other donated items were provided during each visit; some structural repairs were performed as well. The students from José León Larre in González Catan, (Buenos Aires) assembled volleyball net with plastic bags. Three students participated in the trip to Santiago del Estero to personally bring the net to the school, showing their commitment to solidarity combined with their recycling conscience not to contaminate. Congratulations!
· The electrical system repair work in Noccan Kani was completed. Here, approximately 150 children receive food and carry out physical activities on a daily basis.
· We continue to provide pediatric services to schools in remote areas in different provinces of Argentina through donations received on GlobalGiving:
· The pediatric program includes also dental health services and the distribution of powdered milk. Starting this year we incorporated ophthalmologic services as well. Currently, more than 2000 children are benefited through this program in different locations in Salta, Misiones, Santa Fe, Tucumán and Buenos Aires.
· Our partner in Argentina, Teresa Donaire, continues to work hard coordinating the reception and destination of donations. She is responsible for receiving, packing and sending everything according to the specific needs of each community or school. Donations received include items such as: food, school supplies, toys, clothes, shoes, medicine, furniture, beds, mattresses and computers, among other things. The donations were sent to more than 20 schools and institutions located in Entre Ríos, Chaco, Salta, Misiones, Buenos Aires, Santa Fe, Corrientes, and Neuquén. Through this program, more than 1500 children receive the donations that hundreds of generous people make.
· Each of us can create a fundraising campaign!
If you or anyone you know is interested in participating in a marathon, triathlon or any other sporting event and would like to participate to benefit Sumando Manos Foundation, please contact us (email@example.com). These campaigns can also be done with other type of events such as birthdays or anniversaries. It is very simple and without any additional work, your participation can help us raise the funds we need to support and maintain our programs to keep providing food and health services through the Foundation.
· We continue our program "Dine in an Argentinean Restaurant and Help a Child in Need” where the first Tuesday of each month our partner restaurants donate a percentage of their revenues. Thanks to all the business that participate and give us their support: The Knife, Novecento Bistro Argentino, Bertoni, Dolce Vita Ice Cream, Panizza, Parrilla Liberty, La Patagonia and Maya Tapas and Grill.
· A “Truco Tournament” was held in May in Manolo's Restaurant in Miami Beach (73rd Street and Collins Ave) and, on May 30th we held our first “World Truco Series Tournament at Novecento Bistro Argentino in Brickell. In a relaxed, friendly environment, the players enjoyed the new venue. At the request of the participants, we held two more tournaments at this location during the months of June and July. We’d like to thank Manolo’s for the constant support and Novencento for opening their doors to us.
After a summer break we met again last Tuesday, September 18th in Manolo’s Restaurant. Thanks everyone for your participation and contribution to have a great time and a successful event!!!!
· On October 17th we will have our “matching day” through GlobalGiving. On that day, for every donation made to our projects before noon (EST), GlobalGiving will donate an additional 30%. Thanks in advance to all of you who have the opportunity to donate, no matter how small the amount: $10 cover a child’s breakfast for a month and $25 cover breakfast as well as medicine and a pediatric visit. Please follow this link: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/pediatric-services-in-remote-areas-of-argentina/
Thank you! To all of you who trust our Foundation to be the link between the generosity of those who collaborate and the children who need our help.
For more information please visit www.sumandomanos.org
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.