We are already in the last month of 2011! It’s incredible how fast the months went by and the amount of wonderful news we have to share with all of you! With this newsletter we are closing the last quarter. We hope you are proud of the achievements we’ve reached together since without your help, all of this wouldn’t be possible. (attached Spanish version)
HelpArgentina recognizes Sumando Manos Foundation with the Social Ambassador Awards 2011
“Sumando Manos Foundation” was recognized with the HelpArgentina Social Ambassador Award 2011 for the charity work done in Argentina since 2005.
The recognition belongs to everyone who has contributed to our cause and trusted in our organization to be the liaison between the generosity and the underprivileged children who need it. Please see below the complete social Ambassador Awards newsletter published by HelpArgentina and a link to an interview with Mr. Guillermo Donaire, Sumando Manos Foundation President, published in La Nacion Newspaper.
.Esc. Nº 671 “Ricardo Guiraldes” (670 students)
·Esc. Nº 240 “Pedro Narciso Arata (630 students)
·Esc. Nº 55 (120 students)
·Jardín Nº 89 “Joas Eleazar Moyano” (50 students)
·Jardín Nº 22 “Juan Carlos Janik” (64 students)
·Transportes Don Max y Expreso Jovan (Chaco)
·Transporte Vesprini (Neuquén)
·Transportes San Juan Mar del Plata (Salta)
·Expreso Petrovalle (Misiones)
·Transporte Almafuerte (Entre Rios, Santa Fe and Corrientes)
News and Events
Anyone who runs marathons or triathlon can help by giving their contact information and distributing a donation link to their followers. Their friends can show their support by donating. If you know someone who runs, please tell them about this program and give them the opportunity to run for a good cause! For info about running for Sumando Manos, call 305-938-0553 or send an email to email@example.com
You can now donate by text messages. Text GIVE8535 to 80088 and the foundation will receive $10. This service is only available in the US.
The NBA is back in actions this Christmas day and Sumando Manos will have the privilege to present the “Argentinean Night” on Tuesday Jan 17 when Manu Ginobili comes to Miami with its San Antonio’s Team.To reserve tickets, please call 305-938-0553. Call now as tickets are limited and they’ll be assigned on a first come first serve basis._______________________________________________________________________________________________
Happy Holidays everyone and the wish that for during 2012 all of us have the conviction,
enthusiasm, understanding, commitment, patience and above all love, to do everything
possible to make a better world.
Sumando Manos Foundation
Once again we’d love to share exciting news with you about the constant work we do to reach many children in need.
PROJECTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• 60 pairs of “alpargatas” shoes produced by the "Alpargatas (sandals) Shoes Workshop" were sold and will be donated to needy children in Honduras. This workshop is run by School Nº 269, located in El Boton, El Soberbio, Misiones.
• Through our project in GlobalGiving, we raised the necessary resources to provide pediatric services in Noccan Kani, Las Talitas and Derqui. The project remains open for donations which will help us extend these services to 8 new areas.
• Santa Clara Civil Association completed a trip to Santiago del Estero in June and to El Chaco in August. They delivered food, clothing, school supplies and heaters. The doctors provided preventive care and medical assistance to children and adults. Classes of preventive dental health were given and it was observed that 50% of the children in the program are free of cavities thanks to the periodic medical visits.
• During the month of June the Community of Los Oleros, in Posadas, Misiones was added to our assistance plan. Pediatric medical visits were conducted in June and again in August.
• We continued to support the feeding center of Gonzalez Catan with food and they are nowalso receiving periodic pediatric medical visits. Two visits were completed during June and thenagain in August. A visit to the Toba community in Derqui, Buenos Aires, was carried out; on that occasion the families received donations and they enjoyed a community meal.
• A feeding center, “Merendero Carlitos”, in San Pedro de Colalao, Tucuman was added to our assistance plan. A daily breakfast is served to 119 children who live in extreme poverty conditions.
• The following schools were also added to our assistance plan:
- School Nº918, located in Barrio Buen Samaritano, Aristóbulo del Valle, Misiones with 164 students.
- Instituto Movimiento Rural Cristiano Nº203 Located in Picada Indumar, Dos de Mayo, Misiones with 104 students.
• Under the supervision of Teresa Donaire in Argentina, a great amount of donations were received and sent to the different schools and institutions located in the provinces of Chaco, Santa Fe, Salta, Misiones, Entre Rios and Buenos Aires. The donations included items such as school supplies, toys, clothing, shoes, medicine, furniture, beds, mattresses and computers among many others.
• During the month of August two of our members visited the communities of Noccan Kani in Santa Fe, Medical Unit Alfonsina Storni in Rosario, Santa Fe and School Nº39 “ Gral. Francisco Ramirez” in Las Masitas, Entre Rios. They also visited the Florencio Varela Community. We invite you to see the videos using this link:
NEWS & EVENTS
• We would like to give our thanks to all the people who helped us through donations, or by sharing our project, all of which helped us to achieve a permanent spot on GlobalGiving. The extraordinary support received allowed us not only to reach our proposed objectives, but also to earn US$ 4300 in bonuses while competing with more than 200 projects worldwide.
• 5 New restaurants entered our program “Dine at the Best Argentinian Restaurants in Miami and Help a Child” in which every first Tuesday of each month the participating restaurants
donate a portion of their proceeds to us. Thanks to Patagonia Restaurant, Bertoni, Dolce Vita,
San Telmo and Parrilla Liberty for their support to our cause. Acknowledgement plates were given to the restaurants participating in this program since its beginning. The plates mention the project/school they are supporting.
• The Knife Restaurant on Sunrise Boulevard organized a school supply campaign. For each item donated by families their children ate for free. Thank you very much for your initiative and support!
• During June and August the Truco tournaments were held at Manolo’s Restaurant. Don’t miss the opportunity to compete for the annual prize: two tickets to Argentina!
• The second Paddle/Ping Pong tournament was held on August 7 in ABSports, Aventura. Our big Thanks to Aerolineas Argentinas for the donation of a ticket to be raffled between the participants!
• We are participating in a new program through the website www.crowdrise.com to raise funds with the help of marathon runners. Anyone that runs marathons can help us only by giving us their contact information and distributing a donation link to their followers. Their friends can show their support by donating. If you know someone who runs marathons, please tell them about this program and give them the opportunity to run for a good cause!
Due to the inflation in Argentina, our economic resources are stressed at the present time. Any contribution will help us maintain our programs up and running. Thanks for joining Sumando Manos.
The attached link presents and shows where the Recreo Noccan Kani is located, how the responsibles work to help the children and, at the end, includes a message from them to all the people helping through our foundation. The testimonial in the video is in Spanish (local language of the communitiy).
Thanks everyone to make this happens!. // Gracias a todos por todo el apoyo recibido para lograrlo!
During August, 200+ organizations around the world worked to earn a permanent spot on GlobalGiving // Durante Agosto, más de 200 organizaciones alrededor del mundo trabajaron para ganar un lugar en GlobalGiving.
Outcomes achieved by our project to provide pediatric services in remote zomes of Argentina. // Resultados logrados por nuestro proyecto para proveer servicios pediátricos en zonas remotas de Argentina.
Please see enclosed our last news letter summarizing the activities and achivements reached by our foundation during May and June 2011 thanks to the generosity of all trusting us to be the liaision between the children who needs our help and yourselves. // Por favor vean adjunto un resumen de las actividades y logros alcanzados por nuestra fundación durante los meses de Mayo y Junio 2011, gracias a la generosidad de todos los que confian en nosotros para se el nexo entre los chicos que necesita nuestra ayuda y ustedes.
Thanks for adding your hand to create a better future for the children. // Gracias por sumar sus manos para crear un futuro mejor para los chicos.
SUMANDO MANOS FOUNDATION
People may forget what you said and may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel, and this is our mission, to make the children feel that they are important and have an opportunity. // La gente podrá olvidar lo que decimos y tal vez podrá olvidar lo que hicimos, pero nunca olvidará como los hicimos sentir, y esa es la mision de nuestra fundacion, hacerle sentir a los chicos, que son importantes y tiene una oportunidad.
Sumando Manos Foundation: News Letter June 2011 (see attachment)
Summarizes the activities performed by our foundation during May and June 2011.
The objective of this report is to provide a better understanding about how our foundation works and provides reports (at least bi-monthly basis) to all our donors.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.