PATS Achievements in China:
- The program has grown from the original 16 children to include 45 HIV-positive children in 4 counties and 2 provinces.
- During the first pilot year, treatment adherence was 98.5% in intervention areas among the initial 16 children.
- Links with local doctors and the local health system have been strengthened through regular communication with community health workers.
- Caretakers are able to play a critical role in the child's treatment.
- Children are noticeably happier, more social, and better adjusted.
- Children not yet receiving treatment are closely monitored to determine need.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Marketing & Social Media Coordinator