Help Colombian Children with Chronic Malnutrition

 
$7,530
$2,470
Raised
Remaining
Nov 14, 2010

Attention to 12 children with chronic malnutrition

The project “Attention to 12 children with chronic malnutrition” of the Genesis Center has realized the following activities: stimulation, specialized diet, psychosocial attention, application of the neurodevelopment scale, life-skills and educational workshops with the mothers, educational home visits, control of the nutritional state and anemic status of the children.

At this moment, three different processes have been realized for the use of anthropometric measures of the twelve children to evaluate if the children have increased in weight and size. The evaluation of the last intervention shows an improvement in the nutritional levels and a decrease in anemic rates.  The large amelioration has happened because of a balanced diet that the children receive based on their nutritional needs. Other breakthroughs have been due to active participation of families in the dietary workshops.

General results shows that 70% of the children have improved their nutritional states and while the remaining 30% have remained the same. Moreover, recreational activities have been conducted with the children, which are part of the integral approach used for the development and well being of the children. Lastly, both girls and boys have been eating fruits and vegetables with affability.

For 2010, the Nutrir NGO is thinking about implementing new programs such as the integral personal attention program, which will benefit over 1000 children at a monthly cost of $120.000 per child. This price includes all the activities abovementioned.

We thanks the GLOBAL GIVING donors for the support they have given us this year since they have enabled us to take care of twelve girls and boys and that have managed to improve their well-being in their different developmental stages. 

We hope to continue counting on your support for the coming year, which will allow more children to benefit from an excellent nutrition.

We thank you very much on behalf of children in the Foundation and wish your families health and happiness in the New Year.

Links:

Comments:

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.

An anonymous donor will match all new monthly recurring donations, but only if 75% of donors upgrade to a recurring donation today.
Terms and conditions apply.
Make a monthly recurring donation on your credit card. You can cancel at any time.
Make a donation in honor or memory of:
What kind of card would you like to send?
How much would you like to donate?
gift Make this donation a gift, in honor of, or in memory of someone?

Organization

Project Leader

Maria del Rosario Garcia J.

Bogotá , D.C. Colombia

Where is this project located?

Map of Help Colombian Children with Chronic Malnutrition