Maison de la Gare has benefited enormously from its association with GlobalGiving over the past year. Donations have totaled over $9,900 from 210 donors. We are grateful for your support of hope for a new life for the begging talibé street children of Senegal.
Thanks to your caring, Maison de la Gare’s projects in Saint Louis are flourishing and changing children’s lives. The five pictures in this report were taken in the past weeks by two volunteers from France, Gwen Gueguen and Michael Gobert. They represent well five core programs for the children:
- Sports, giving hundreds of boys an opportunity for a break from their daily hours of begging, to simply play and be children.
- Providing nutritious food, allowing the talibés to take time from their usual begging for this food, and to participate in literacy and arts classes, sports, gardening and other Maison de la Gare programs.
- Arts activities and excursions, an enormous enrichment for a life of begging and abuse.
- Health care and hygiene instruction, both in the infirmary in Maison de la Gare’s centre and in the daaras where the children live.
- Working in the productive garden in Maison de la Gare’s centre, and selling its produce in the market.
TODAY is a perfect opportunity to renew your commitment to Maison de la Gare, and support the continuation of this incredibly valuable work.
Today only, Wednesday, March 13th starting at 9:00 a.m. E.D.T., GlobalGiving will add 30% to your donation, until the available funds run out.
Please, seize this opportunity. Thank you.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.