JUNE 2007 REPORT
1. English classes are in progress at the ASSET centers in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Gorakhpur
2. Proposals have been submitted to Dell Foundation for DELL hardware donations for cities where Dell has a presence.
3. Microsoft India will donate software and the Unlimited Potential program to all ASSET's NGO partners.
4. APTECH (www.aptech-education) the computer training company with the largest market share in India and China is providing training in the ASSET centers in Chennai and Kolkata (see attached)
5.APTECH will also help with placements of our gradutes in internships/jobs.
6. I have been introduced to Rufina Fernandes, CEO of NASSCOM Foundation
NASSCOM is India's National Association of Software and Service Companies, the premier trade body and the chamber of commerce of the IT software and services industry in India. NASSCOM is a global trade body with over 1100 members, of which over 250 are global companies from the US, UK, EU, Japan and China. NASSCOM's member companies are in the business of software development, software services, software products, IT-enabled/BPO services and e-commerce.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.