Charity foundation "Constellation of hearts" organized for volunteers and philanthropists of fund a trip to the orphanage that we take care about.For many years charity foundation «Constellation of Hearts», within the program «Keep the child’s health, save his life» supports rehabilitation of pupils of the Oyashinsky children's house boarding school.
The Oyashinsky orphanage is the largest correctional establishment for children with average and heavy intellectual backwardness in the Novosibirsk region. Diagnoses of many pupils are burdened by additional diseases: Cerebral spastic infantile paralysis, other defeats of CNS, blindness, etc.
The structure of the house boarding school includes 3 divisions, we visited 2 of them:
1. The mercy division – for the heaviest children needing the constant help, treatment and care, 164 pupils live there;It is felt that children very well looked after. In their roomthe air is absolutely normal, no unpleasant smells («smells of an illness, ofdirty body»), children are very well-groomed, in pampers, they have no decubituses.
In a corridor we saw group of children of office of mercy that were taken out on carriages for a walk. We were pleased very much with the fact that children are very smiling, they are not afraid of adults –strangers (that also serves as confirmation of the good treatment of them from adults), they pull hands, they look with pleasure on shiny subjects and clothes of their interlocutors.
2. The division of the psycho-pedagogical help –main objective is social rehabilitation of disabled children by means of educational, medical improving, labor programs, 133 pupils live there. We visited some groups and classes of this division in which there were lessons.
In the first group, there are children of different ages who do not go to school therefore, they spend a lot of time in a game room.
In the next class, the children that can't write,were looking at the pictures in books. Children very much liked the shiny dress of our volunteer Ekaterina, her big watch especially drew their attention,her black nailsalso caused many questions. As it usually happens children were pulling their hands to the camera.
That is very important:
Annually, as a result of highly professional work of employees of a boarding school, 5-12 children from division of mercy are transferred to the division of the psychological-pedagogical help.
There are a lot of factors influencingit, one of them is the modern rehabilitation equipment which appearedin Oyash, including that with our help:So, several months ago we provided the in establishment with 4 innovative Atlant suits for rehabilitation of disabled children and today could look personally how they work.
There are 2 childrenin a hall:
- pupil of the Oyashinsky children's house boarding school, Marina 4 years.The instructor in physiotherapy exercises, Olga Ivanovskaya, shows and tellsin detail, how the suit works.With the help of the suit Marinochka can stand vertically (that she can't do without it) she also can wave arms and legs, she tries to hold hand-rail and to rearrange legs.
- the second child, isn't the pupil of establishment, Anechka «the house child» and is in the center with her mother. Anya lives with his mother in the rural areas, they have no great wealth. Anya's mother does not work constantly caring for a sick daughter.
A year ago she was hit down by a car. They with mother arrived for rehabilitation in Oyash after numerous ineffectual attempts to receive help in others places.
In November, 2011 Anechka could stand only by means of fastenings on a vertikalizator, presented by our fund, in June, 2012 Atlant suits arrived inOyashinsky orphanage and the girl had a considerable progress.In only 4 months of training in the Atlantsuit the girl could take first steps after her trauma!!! As her mother, AllaNekrasov confirms, at the girl’s muscular memory began to wake up, she began to move legs.
Moreover, it in she can, by means of hands lift her body (to trainbelly muscles).The staff of Oyashinsky orphanage lays hopes on rehabilitation of pupils by means of Atlantsuits, as now there are 4 suits avalavle, from the smallest till the biggest size.
The director of the children's house boarding school Lyubov Prismakina thanks:
«Thanks to all who offered money for purchase of Atlantsuits and for supporting orphanage’s wellbeing. Because, it is really a good thing to do, there are not many people helping such children...»
Charity foundation «CONSTELLATION of HEARTS» and employees of the Oyashinsky children's house boarding school themselves and on behalf of pupils warmly thank all people who helped this and other rehabilitation equipment to appear in their establishment:
• All philanthropists who offered the money through GlobalGiving in favor of disabled children of Siberia;• The GlobalGiving team for the provided possibility of collecting donations through your site!• Translators of the «The Siberian translator center "UNA" which made the translation of documents and reports for the international site on collecting donations;• Employees and volunteers of «Constellation of hearts»,and also, wish all people good health!We also urge all philanthropists not to leave without the kind participation the disabled children of Siberia and to continue to make the generous donations for the good of health of children!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.