Sierra Leonean youths are eager to learn to use computers. From developing an understanding of computers, youths from slums in the capital city can benefit from what the worldwide web can offer.
• Need to help bridge the digital divide between the have- and the have- Nots.
• Need to provide computer literacy, enrichment and training programs to marginalized communities.
• Need to bring the potential of Information technology to those who have not been touched by it as yet.
• Need to open up a window of opportunities for youths in disadvantaged communities and help them realize their true potential.
• The selection, renovation and equipping of a building for the training center.
• Identifying and employing qualified tutors to provide training. 3. Identifying donor sources to help fund the project.
• A public awareness campaign on the benefits
The project will broaden to include a majority of underprivileged children and youth of all ages, from pre-school to secondary school. The project will be scaled up and modified along the way, in response to the demands of local residents.
Total Funding Received to Date: $50
This project is now in implementation and no longer available for funding.
Received funds will be used to accomplish concrete objectives as
indicated in the project's "Activities" section. Updates will be posted under the
"Project Report" tab as they become available.
Donors' contributions and pledges to this project totaled $50
The original project funding goal was $20,729.
This project has provided additional documentation in a Microsoft Word file (projdoc.doc).
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.