1. City of Natori, Miyagi Prefecture
The city of Natori is planning to reshuffle all the community FM broadcast system and founded an NGO to operate the system. Thus, BHN had been requested to prepare the studio designs and to assist the bidding procedure. At the end of March the contract was awarded to a local contractor and the construction work is going to start soon.
BHN is further requested to supervise the construction works.
2. Town of Watari, Miyagi Prefecture
After resolving the hearing difficulty of the community radio waves in the town, BHN has been requested to furnish emergency broadcasting networks in the town to support people in case of emergency. The followings were all completed by the end of last March.
(1) As the town market located in the pier was washed away by the Tsunami of Mar. 2011, the town recently rebuilt the market as a complex of market & souvenir center for visitors. BHN installed a specific kind of Community Addressing system in the market to make announcements to the visitors, both inside the building and out on the pier.
(2) For the purpose of public hearing of the community radio broadcast, special speaker systems were installed at the entrance of the railway station. The community radio will make warning announcements to the commuters in case of emergency as well as disseminating normal programs during day time.
(3) Many of public auditoriums and gyms of schools are assigned as emergency shelters and BHN installed 37 high receptivity radio receivers in those emergency shelters.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Support another project run by BHN Association that needs your help, such as: