this project will provide micro loans,TRAINING IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT SKILLS to 200 women in the rural district of Masaiti - Zambia
High levels of poverty and impact of HIV/AIDS on the households and families has negatively affected the pattern, the way people live lately and the most affected as a result of this situation are the OVCs. Some of the challenges they face include among the following:
• inability to pay education fees and buy other school requisites
• taking care of other family members especially in households were both parents are dead or sick
• child abuse/labour
• child labour, most of the child
This program is designed with purpose to improve food security and income
Under this programme, the main focus is to increase food security and income base through empowerment of micro loans and training in business development skills and saving
- increased ability of mothers to look after vulnerable children
- children will be able to complete basic and secondary school
- reduced number of incidences of alcohol and abuse
- families living decent/dignified lives.
This project has been retired and is no longer accepting donations.
This project has provided additional documentation in a Microsoft Word file (projdoc.doc).
This project is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Support another project run by Kabwata Widows & Orphans Community Society that needs your help, such as: