Youth Employability Programs (YEP)
From: April 2012 to June 2012
Total Trained: 728
Total Placed: 326
Total Undergoing: 860
Objective: To impart skills, training and employment to the youth.
Introduction about Programs:
The courses selected for the programs are also a result of market research and need assessment program from the community itself. The courses which are run in these training centres are:
The entire above mentioned program is for entry level jobs. We also provide them placement assistance.
The sector has been divided into formal and non-formal trainings:
1. Under non formal trainings:
2. Formal training programs:
For non-formal trainings, SAATH has collaborated with APOLLO and Bosch India Foundation as they both are well known for their qualitative and effective work. They use their expertise in providing opportunity to impart training about safety standards. For formal trainings we have collaborated with Government of Gujarat, American India Foundation and Rajasthan Mission of Livelihood.
As a value addition for youth SAATH have organized guest lectures on:
For the persons with disability sensitization lecture is also organized, to take more and more differently abled student sensitized parents are also included for the lecture.
SAATH has achieved and gone beyond the target set out for the year 2011-12. Currently SAATH has been requested by multiple nagarpalikas to restart the Umeed program across Gujarat.
Finding a job as a differently abled person is always a challenge. Through SAATH’s special 4 day training, he improved his self-confidence immmensely. He was offered a job at Steachman with a salary of Rs.3000. Baldev sums up his experience at SAATH as “I have been really touched by this experience and in the future, I would like to help other such youth and show them the right path.”
Quotes from Participants:
1) Laxmi Prajapati says “I am very excited to be offered a job by Evangetech (a BPO). I have a family of six and this income will really help them. I will now be earning INR 5,719 per month. I came to know about the job fair from a friend and I am glad that I came here. I am leaving from here with an offer letter in my hand.”
2) Jitendra Mahendrabhai Sathwara says “From masonry training program, my self confidence is gained. My family income is increased for which I am thankful to Saath Charitable Trust and Bosch India Foundation.”
3) “I have great experience both of UMEED & at Anand Hospital & she is thankful for center’s services” says Suman Dilipkumar Prajapati, 19 years, UMEED Ahmedabad
4) “Now I have a direction, I have learnt lot from UMEED & at present from my work place & I will be move forward in my field. I want to say thanks a lot to SAATH for running a Youth Employability Programs like UMEED in affordable fees with training & Placement. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank my center for providing me such a training & Placement. This means lot to me. Now I also can contribute little bit financially to my family which gives me a great joy.” says Neeta Koshti, 19 years, TALLY student, UMEED, Ahmedabad.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.