In April 2012, the Harambee Centre wired $12,000 to St. Andrews, which enabled the school community to break ground on the new girls dormitory
• The photos (in the pdf) show the leveling of the ground and the start of the Matale girl’s dormitory building foundation and the Matale-Southridge cultural exchange during winter 2012.
• Supporters on both the U.S side and Matale side were over joyed with the start of this project.
• Our major challenge is that the funds we had on hand could only do so much. The community informed us there is a chance that the rainy season may impact the progress of the work done thus far.
• We appeal to you our donors, to help us generously in order to keep this work going.
• We hope you enjoy the photos of this work we are doing together!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.