01. Project Name : EDUCATIONAL HELPS TO WIDOW'S CHILD FROM DROPOUT
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organisation : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : Pudukkottai district, Thiruvarur district and Nagapattinam district in Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description : $ 550 has been collected for this project in this duration / quarter in that a group of children have been supported and prevented from the risk of dropout and assured their continuation of education.
06. Activities carryout: - Distribution to the children : 15 children have been supported by the provision of the following in the duration. a. Dress and uniform, b. Shoe and school bag and c. Note book, notes, geometry box, pen, pencil, etc. - Meetings with the widow mother In the duration another 30 widows women have been under the motivation meeting. If they are isolated from community and society. They are affected by sex and economical exploitation due to the husband death. In this training, they have been motivated on the children education by the following matter. a. Importance of education, b. childhood enjoyment, c. sin and affection of childlabour engagement and school dropout d. Saving children from abuses and e. health and future life of children
07. Spot light of a family: Mrs.L.T.Selvi is a young widow, has three female children. She was under crisis for survival, children care and their education if her husband left letting 3 female children with her. The poverty and hunger were onside and she was faced sexual abuse in working place. In her day to life, she was tortured by sex and working place violence that took her severe affection and tragedy. Her children were under condition of drop out and to be engaged as childlabour. She came and requested ROSI Foundation for supporting herself business. In our review, she was suitable for tailoring business. So, she trained under Garments making training for 6 months in our training centre freely. Then she was provided freely by one sewing machine and other tools - material for Garment business. She is running her business well now and earning $3.5 daily. It is used for survival and children school sending. Further the children dropout and child labour engagement are prevented. The children get educational materials and uniform from ROSI FOUNDATION. She is fully freed from sex abuse and outer people intervention. The sex torture and tragedy life are averted. The adolescents' girls' education are protected and continued. Abuses on them are fully reduced.
08. Conclusion: By the support of Donor like you, this project and the children education are surviving. Further in your support, we will help the all children. It will protect the children from the risk of studies and dropout. We are assuring that the children education and life can be developed through the support of individual people. We are hearty thanking to Global Giving Foundation, donors and staff and volunteers of the project. Further 701 children are in needs of the educational materials support urgently and 320 children require bi-cycle supports. We believe and request donors to help the children through Global Giving.
Once again we are heartily thanking you.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.