04. Project Area : Pudukkottai district, Thiruvarur district and Nagapattinam district in Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description : $ 1550 has been collected for this project in this duration / quarter in that a group of children have been supported and prevented from the risk of dropout and assured their continuation of education.
06. Activities carryout:
- Distribution to the children : 42 children have been supported by the provision of the following in the duration .
a. Dress and uniform, b. Shoe and school bag and c. Note book, notes, geometry box, pen, pencil, etc.
- Meetings with the widow mother
The widow mother isolated from community and society and affected by sex and economical exploitation due to the husband death, have been motivated on the children education by the following matter. In the duration another 50 widows women have been under the motivation meting
a. Importance of education, b. childhood enjoyment, c. sin and affection of childlabour engagement and school dropout d. Saving children from abuses and e. health and future life of children
07. Spot light of a family: Ms.Sarthambal is widow, was facing more and more problem in survival and earning with her 3 children after her husband. Further she was struggling escaping from victim of sex and working place violence. Various level of community, she was getting more problem and abuses by her daily life.
ROSI Foundation has been requested for erase her tear and problem. Then we deeply observe her conditions and the children education. Mainly her two girls are adolescents, who are also under risk of sex abuse and school drop. It would make them in to childlabour engagement, sex exploitation and working place violence. But we have taken immediate step in the matter. Ms.Sarthmabal was undergone by free skill training on garments making. After she was trained, garments business input (sewing machine, accessories, furniture, cloth, etc) was provided to her. Now she is earning $2-$3 daily that is useful to survival and preventing the external people intervention and working place violence if the work is owned to her. We have also supported to her children’s education needs for one year. So the hunger and economical crisis are prevented. Risk of educational drop out and child labour creation are averted from the family. Mainly the adolescents’ girls have been forestalled from abuse and victims condition.
In the continue support of Donors to this project, we can protect all the children from the risk of studies and Child abuses. Definitely their education continuation and development will be assured. We are constantly in the efforts with more dedication.
Global Giving Foundation with all individual donors of the project staff and volunteers are involving in this project, are heartily thanked.
Further 716 children are in needs of the educational materials support urgently and 320 children require bi-cycle supports. We believe and request donors to help the children through Global Giving.
Once again we are heartily thanking you.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.