GIVE LIFE FOR 55 HIV CHILDREN IN TAMILNADU, INDIA (8640)
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE THROUGH:
GLOBAL GIVING – ONLINE DONATION
REPORT TITLE: TRAINING ON HIV PREVENTION
REPORT PERIOD: 01.5.12 TO 31.05.12
TRAINING ON HIV PREVENTION
Even though HIV is controlled in many places, it is still spreading in the village areas. Because they have no enough awareness even though the village people have the HIV awareness, they have no enough ability to bring the same into action. Therefore we felt that HIV awareness is essential for them. Hence we provided HIV awareness to the women in two places. In both of these places daily wages men workers, truckers and migrants are numbers in number. Dates of the programme and details of the training on HIV prevention are as follows.
S.no Date Name of the Place No. of participants Trainer
1. 09.5.12 Kamaraj Nagar 26 Mr.Ramachandran
2. 24.05.12 Levinjipuram 21 Mr.Ramachandran & Jose Mary
The above said two training programmes were organized by our Global Giving HIV programme co ordinator. In this training programme importance of HIV awareness & HIV ICTCT test (Integrated counseling testing centre) condom usage ere explained.
HOME CARE TRAINING TO FAA (FAMILY AFFECTED BY AIDS):
Global Giving and Chevaliar Roche Society jointly do many care and services for the HIV infected children like our care & services of ourselves, the infected children's family members care and service are also essential. Along with these children some HIV infected are also living.
HIV infected parents who live with their infected children feel weak and they are in the situation not to look after themselves and also there is no chance for them to care and serve for their children. Therefore we had then plan to provide the training for the HIV affected family members of the HIV infected children.
Therefore we arranged a training programme on 22.05.12 at the community centre, In this training programme HIV affected family members. In this programme mostly the care takers of the infected children participated. Our project co ordinator Mr.V.Ramachandran and village Health Nurse (VHN) Mrs. Mercy offered the training to the participants of the programme. In this programme following suggestions were given:
- At first HIV spreading methods and methods of non spreading were explained to the family members by us.
- In order to increase the CD4 of the children we must give them nutritional support such as minerals, vitamins, proteins etc, through vegetables and green leaves.
- We must protect them carefully not to be affected with OI (Opportunistic Infection)
- Being avoided the buying medicines from the pharmacy
- Home made medicines should be given to the infected children
- ART adherence should be done regularly with the followup
- We must be kind enough to the infected children
- Infected children must be kept up clean. We must give the boiled and cooled water should be given to the HIV infected children.
- Children should not be neglected; if they are neglected they would be depressed. So these children should not be separated from other children.
Being centered the above points we offered the training to the participants of this training programme.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.