Walking and talking non-stop is possible and relatively easy. Visualizing a goal, putting it into action, giving it a language and style and verbalizing it through ‘talk’ is difficult. ‘Walking with our talk’ or putting into action our talk means Commitment, Belief and Passion towards the goal that must be achieved. This requires a lot of courage, trust and hard work.
While we are on our journey we will be sharing with our donors and friends this fantastic experience where we have found fellow travellers who also have the same vision of helping bring about a more balanced society by enhancing opportunities for the marginalized neglected community. Our beginning is based on the belief that ‘small is beautiful.’ We will be committed, passionate and raring to go with a goal to achieve.
About RDOET (HAO India)
Relief Development Orphanage & Educational Trust (RDOET) to undertake Child Welfare, Education, Community Development, Emergency Relief, Advocacy, Developmental programs for rural and urban slum poor especially amongst neglected children serving for the last 30 years in the State of Andhra Pradesh, India. Hope for an Oppressed, India (HAO India) is an operational name of RDOET.
RDOET in Action
RDOET have Identified 100 neglected marginalized Girl children in four areas in and around Hyderabad Urban Slums. We have provided awareness seminars for the parents and local leaders in addressing the situation of educating Girl child. Before the school academic we conducted “Back to School Awareness Program” (Rally) for the target areas. Our aim is to enrol 100% in school children dropout and school age children. We established Pre-School Educational Centres to provide quality education for identified girl children. Distributed educational needs and school materials for identified children in target areas.
What Awareness Can Do!
• Ensure quality education to marginalized children who are deprived of education to enable them read and write independently with comprehension.
• Provide awareness to Parents and local leaders to feel their responsibility in educating the children for living a meaningful life.
• Organized Back to School Rally before the school academic to enrol 100% attendance in schools.
Identified Girl Child
• We Identified 4 target areas in and around Hyderabad Urban Slums. Those are Vampuguda Slum, Ambedkar Nagar Slum, Borabanda Slum and Nimmathota Slum
• 100 girl children and more than 330 people benefited. These people are nomadic and their living condition is very pathetic with no proper shelter living in un-hygienic condition.
Established Pre-School EducationalCenters
• Established three Pre-School Educational Centres for the Identified Target Children
• We engaged three trained Teachers/Tutors to encourage and motivate children for additional coaching excel successfully in their education
• In these four centres provided Blackboard, Study Material and Charts for children for gaining knowledge.
• Community intervened in this program by establishing 3 pre-school educational centres / with provision of shelters place.
School Needs Distribution
• We provided quality school material for the Identified 100 Girl Children those are School Uniform, School Bag, Notebooks, Pen, Pencil, Pencil box, Eraser and Sharpeners etc.
Blossoming Petal FlowerButchamma
Pallepu Butchamma identified amongst thousands of unfortunate, clicks fortune in international Global Giving Foundation.
The child hails from large gypsy family of 6, and Butchamma is fifth child. The Child’s Father a rag picker, garbage lifter look through tins, foils, metals, anything worthy to earn livelihood by selling. Child’s mother does the same profession in and around colonies of Gypsy Colony, Borabanda Hyderabad Urban Slum.
Children acquainted with tit bits, scrolling, playing and eating midst of slums. This is the age for children to attend school but children roaming, playing in the hot sun and wasting their precious time. The “childhood” dreams of happy life, full of nurture and play.
Revived – Butchamma
Glowing “Petal Flower”
The identified girl child motivated, guided and boosted with elegant uniforms, hair bands, and the school needs and beautiful atmosphere at School, additional coaching to cater psychological imbalance, to achieve and to surpass with other racing children.
Oh! Already Beaming Blossoming Petal Flower with gender discrimination.
Thanks and heartfelt gratitude to the most valued Donors, who can view through real witnesses, applauding the benevolent humanitarian services.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.