HIV Care: The St. Francis Health Center provides a number of health care services to the people of Migeyra. In collaboration with Midlmay Uganda.one of these is HIV testing to identify members of the community who are HIV positive. Recently 105 clients were tested resulting in 5 who were positive. The total number of clients who are being treated for HIV at the health center has grown to 303. Because Migyera town is a "hot spot" for HIV, it is very important to provide care to those who are postive. If the treatment decreases the viral load to undetectable, they are less likely to transmit the virus to someone else. Thus, treatment is also prevention.
Dental Care: Another important service the health center would like to offer is dental care. A clinic room has been equipped with a dental chair and tray table both of which were shipped from the US last year. A dentist is willing to provide services but the health center currently has just one set of adult forceps. Only extractions can be carried out. There is no equipment to do fillings.
Below is a list of basic equipment needed at the clinic. With this equipment children and adults in Migyera can receive the dental care they need.
If you would like to help CALU bring dental care to the people of Migyera, see the list below.
Item Quantity Unit Cost Amount UGX Amount USD$
1. A set of children’s forceps 1 350,000 350,000 140
2. Universal upper molar forceps 2 38,000 76,000 30
3. Right upper molar forceps 6 30,000 180,000 72
4. Left upper molar forceps 6 35,000 210,000 85
5. Elevators 7 22,000 154,000 62
6. Dental mirrors 4 16,000 64,000 26
7. Upper root forceps 4 27,000 108,000 44
8. Lower root forceps 4 27,000 108,000 44
9. Lower premolar forceps 4 30,000 120,000 48
10. Upper premolar forceps 4 30,000 120,000 48
11. Central upper incisors forceps 2 28,000 56,000 23
Total 1,546,000 $622
Thank you for your continued interest and support.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.