Education & Support for 500 Children in Uganda

 
$6,575
$13,425
Raised
Remaining
Jun 5, 2013

Back to School and Loving It!

Sililo used his talent to make a man out of clay!
Sililo used his talent to make a man out of clay!

We've started back for the second term of the school year! 

During the school break, we had visitors from the United States. They came with a medical team and soccer camp. Not only children, but parents and guardians and many from the community were able to get care and treatment. Two hundred children were in soccer camp during break, where our friends taught new drills and brought soccer balls so we can continue to practice our moves. 

"I really thank our project of TOUCH because it has helped us to discover our talents!" - Prossy, age 15

In this term, we're starting some new clubs where students can develop in the areas that interest them most. At the same time they're developing their skills, they will also be learning ways they can use their best talents and the things they enjoy to earn a living. 

We have 20% of our students sponsored, and your donations to this project help us  s-t-r-e-t-c-h to provide meals, school fees and supplies for the other 80%.

So far this year, we've served over 70,000 meals! We're so thankful for you, because without you we couldn't do it! Over 60% of our children don't get reguar meals at home. They rely on our school feeding program for life-giving meals.

THANK YOU!

We hope that you'll mark June 12th on your calendar, because GlobalGiving will be matching online donations by 40% for up to $1,000 per donor per project - so your donation goes 40% farther! There is $90,000 available in matching funds, and GlobalGiving is rewarding $1,000 to the project with the most individual donors. So, this is the perfect time to give generously and to share the news about Friends of TOUCH!

Practicing Soccer Drills
Practicing Soccer Drills
Enjoying lunch at school!
Enjoying lunch at school!

Links:

Comments:

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.

An anonymous donor will match all new monthly recurring donations, but only if 75% of donors upgrade to a recurring donation today.
Terms and conditions apply.
Make a monthly recurring donation on your credit card. You can cancel at any time.
Make a donation in honor or memory of:
What kind of card would you like to send?
How much would you like to donate?
  • $15
  • $25
  • $60
  • $132
  • $210
  • $400
  • $500
  • $650
  • $15
    each month
  • $25
    each month
  • $60
    each month
  • $132
    each month
  • $210
    each month
  • $400
    each month
  • $500
    each month
  • $650
    each month
  • $
gift Make this donation a gift, in honor of, or in memory of someone?

Organization

Project Leader

Kay Helm

Gloucester, Virginia United States

Where is this project located?

Map of Education & Support for 500 Children in Uganda