We are participating this year in the TCS World 10K run in Bangalore on the 27th May 2012. Through this event, we would like to create an awareness on the need for "Better Schooling in Government pre-schools and schools" in India. We would also like to use this opportunity to raise funds for our pre-school program which provides quality pre-school education to over 30,000 children who are 3-6 year old studying in over 1800 centers across Bangalore..
We appeal to donate generously to this cause.
- There are over 100 million children in India between the age-group of 0 and 6 years, who do not have access to pre-school education.These children would possibly not have a chance to access intensive parental engagement. They would have less exposure to expansive vocabulary and due to their poverty situation, may not be able to properly develop their cognitive and other skills
-This project focuses on providing pre-school education to 30000 such children studying in 1800 centers in Bangalore
We will support the centers in the following ways:
- Provide education to 30000 3-6 year old children in 1800 government-run centers in Bangalore
- Provide training to 40 teachers in new methodologies in preschool education in order to ensure school readiness in the children
Provide Teaching Learning Materials to the centers
- Assess the learning outcomes of the children twice a year on their age appropriate skill sets
- Strengthen community support by training bodies like Bal Vikas Samiti
- We will educate 30000 3-6 year old preschoolers, helping them to develop their cognitive and other skills.
- Capacity building of 1800 pre-school teachers, so that they can ensure school-readiness in the preschool children by also focusing on early language and basic math.
- Track children from preschool to formal schools and evaluate their math and language skills.
- Strengthening of the Bal Vikas Samithis - local bodies which assists the pre-schools in running efficiently
Total Funding Received to Date: $5,020
This project is now in implementation and no longer available for funding.
Received funds will be used to accomplish concrete objectives as
indicated in the project's "Activities" section. Updates will be posted under the
"Project Report" tab as they become available.
Donors' contributions and pledges to this project totaled $5,020
The original project funding goal was $30,000.
This project has provided additional documentation in a PDF file (projdoc.pdf).
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.