We are participating this year in the TCS World 10K Run in Bangalore on the 19th May 2013. We would like to use this event as an opportunity to raise funds for our pre-school program which provides quality pre-school education to over 25,000, 3-6 year old underprivilaged children studying in Government preschool centers across Karnataka, India.
We appeal to you to donate generously to this cause and help us provide a strong foundation to these children's education.
- There are over 100 million children in India between the age-group of 0 and 6 years, who do not have access to pre-school education. These children would hence have less exposure to expansive vocabulary and due to their poverty situation, may not be able to properly develop their cognitive and other skills
-This project focuses on providing pre-school education to 25000 such children studying in Government-run preschool centers in urban and rural areas of Karnataka, India
We will support the centers in the following ways:
- Provide education to 25000 3-6 year old children in government-run centers in Karnataka
- Provide training to 800 teachers in new methodologies in preschool education in order to ensure school readiness in children
Provide Teaching Learning Materials to the centers
- Assess the learning outcomes of the children twice a year on their age appropriate skill sets
- Strengthen community support for the center by training local community bodies
- We will provide preschool education access to 25000 children, helping them to develop their cognitive and other skills.
- Capacity building of 800 pre-school teachers, so that they can ensure school-readiness in the preschool children by also focusing on early language and basic math.
- Track children from preschool to formal schools and evaluate their math and language skills.
- Strengthening of the Bal Vikas Samithis - local bodies which assists the pre-schools in running efficiently
Total Funding Received to Date: $2,625
This project is now in implementation and no longer available for funding.
Received funds will be used to accomplish concrete objectives as
indicated in the project's "Activities" section. Updates will be posted under the
"Project Report" tab as they become available.
Donors' contributions and pledges to this project totaled $2,625
The original project funding goal was $30,000.
This project has provided additional documentation in a PDF file (projdoc.pdf).
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.