The developmental steps for the Ebolowa Cocoa Study Center are as follows:
1. July, 2011. Dr. Neuhaus visits locations and officials to discuss plans for building a cocoa study center in Ebolowa.
2. December 31, 2011. Dr. Neuhaus raises $5500 for the cocoa study center on globalgiving.com.
3. Dr. Deanna Pucciarelli receives notice of financial support from administration at Ball State to fund airline tickets to Cameroon.
4. March, 2012. Dr. Deanna Pucciarelli raises $5,000 for the cocoa study center.
5. July, 2012. Dr. Deanna Pucciarelli (Ball State University) accompanies Dr. Tom Neuhaus to different sites in Cameroon. See attached itinerary. Communication with academics at University of Buea and University of Dschang, Cameroon. Cameroon trip (Neuhaus's flight and employment of assistant, Mr. Kila Balon) paid for by funds raised during November/December Global Giving campaign.
6. September, 2012-June 2013. More fund-raising. Solicitation of students to accompany Pucciarelli and Neuhaus on first meeting of the cocoa study center. Initial classes will take place at the University of Buea in Buea, Cameroon.
7. July 2013. First meeting of students and cocoa farmers at the University of Buea.
The monies raised on this site last December will make it possible to carry out Step #5 in the above development cycle. It is estimated that this project will eventually require a total of $500,000. Most of this money will be solicited from various governments. In the meantime, various fundraisers will help us reach the "critical mass" required to develop credibility.
Our next report will be written in early September, 2012, after Dr. Neuhaus and Dr. Pucciarelli have returned.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
This project is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.
San Luis Obispo,
San Luis Obispo,