With this initiative, you will save 2500 trees to be used as firewood. In addition, your support will help us to recover 25 hectares of forest. As the result, our join effort will contribute to improve families economy and their livelihood, and mainly the housewives and child health, due the reduction to smoke inhalation and high temperatures exposure caused by the traditional cooking system at "oper air".
Communities are using the open-air "three stones cooking stove" system, which demands high amounts of firewood because of its inefficiency, this traditional use cause pressure in forest deforestation, increasing at the same time lost of biodiversity. In addition, family health is affected, mainly the women who cooks and children exposed to smoke, increasing breathing problems in rural areas.
Natura Foundation is well recognized in rural areas because we provide tools and capacities to improve livelihoods, developing at the same time actions to maintain and restore ecosystem services, maintaining and increasing forest covert in sensitive areas important for water supply for human consumption. With ecosystems recovery we maintain its environmental services and resources like: timber, bio-diversity, soil, among others.
1. Reduce in 70% the use of firewood in at least 60 families and 20 rural schools.
2. Reduce the incidence of respiratory diseases in housewives.
3. Contribute approximately with 2500 trees saved per year and not used for firewood.
4. Reforest approximately 25 hectares in rural areas that are key for the watershed ecosystem services.
5. Enhance the community capacity on sustainable practices.
Total Funding Received to Date: $1,040
Remaining Goal to be Funded: $125,625
Total Funding Goal: $126,665
This project has provided additional documentation in a PDF file (projdoc.pdf).