Chinseu CBO Orphan and Vulnerable Persons feeding for the past three months ; February 2012 - April 2012 with the financing of the GlobalGiving Foundation, Chinseu CBO has meet the following Objectives and successes;
PROJECT OBJECTIVES MEET;
1. The promotion of the best start and early stimulation in life for allchildren - Chinseu community.
2. The promotion of Care and protection of the children against any forms of abuse and discrimination.
3. The provision of high Care and good nutritious foodstuffs for the more disadvantaged group of people -Orphans.
4. The promotion of more young Orphan to attend primary education.
The project were delivered the same module in the project documents attached:
- Purchasing foodstuffs for the OVC.
- Purchasing Administration stationary.
- Administration Petty cash.
- Un sustainable commodity prices.; the prices were not the same in between 60 days.
- We use the Social Welfare Order when going to shopping so that the prices we got in the past days at the same shops shall be the same even though the prices are high. ( this was done by the interest of the shop managers).
- There is more and more demand of the intake of the Orphans staying in the villages without benefiting the food that is offered at the Orphancare.
- The management agreed not to add the 60 Children (OVC) right now hence we have to tell our Donors in the US for the feeding activity is much done by the US Community (DONORS).
- Activities plained were covered because there is high community participation in the areas they are supposed to take part.
- The community are now responding well in bringing firewood, tomatoes, fresh vegetables, voluntary cooking.
- Many children are attending primary education almost 99% of the children at the Orphancare are attending their lessons at school for the mean time.
PROJECT CURRENT NEEDS:
- Some more funds to run from May 2012 - July 2012.
- The funds that were financed in January 2012 of $3,732.30 are to be finished this end of April 2012.
PROJECT FUTURE PLANS:
- Chinseu CBO wish to expand the number of the Orphans at the Orphancare to 80 from 60 children.
- Chinseu CBO wish to build a good and well dinning / Hall to acommodate 100 people. : this could help much during the rainy season meetings.
- Chinseu CBO shortly shall add another project: Orphan and Vulnerable Children only in government secondary school bursary. No room for those at private secondary school.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Support another project run by Chinseu Community Based Organisation that needs your help, such as: