Hello and Happy Holidays!
November and December seem to be the two busiest months of the year, with Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas and all the travel, relatives, presents, parties and holiday cheer packaged up with them.
But in the midst of all the busyness, the world over takes moments here and there, to give thanks and to celebrate our friends and family, both near and far.
All of us at CHAT are certainly thankful this time of year, to all of you who make our work possible.
There is often nothing like the simple gift of a smile, so that is what we give back to you this holiday season; the smiles of the countless men, women and children here in Kenya, that your contributions have helped to create.
Our clinics and camels are still trekking over the plains of Kenya and hope to be doing so for many days to come. Below is a summary of our work over the past two months. As you will see, we were able to send the camels out for a month’s journey.
Have yourselves a warm and cheerful holiday season. A big ASANTE SANA from your African friends here in Kenya.
Kuwa na Krismasi njema…..
The Team at CHAT
MOTOR MOBILE CLINIC (Oct & Nov 2012)
1. Women reached with long term method (upto 5yrs.)contraception = 2,657 clients
2. Children under 5yrs. treated for malaria = 205 patients
3. Children under 5yrs. treated for TB = 6 patients
4. Children under 5yrs. treated for upper Respiratory infections =42 patients
5. Total patients reached for different diseases =722 patients
6. Condoms distributed= 109,353 condoms
(ONE MONTH) CAMEL MOBILE CLINIC TREK STATISTICS
1. Total number of Women reached with all family planning contraception methods= 1,231 clients (Jadelle (5yrs. insertions)= 1,005 clients; Depo(3 month injection)= 226 clients)
2. Total number of patients treated for malaria =18 patients
3. Total number of clients counselled and tested for HIV/AIDS =308 clients
Total number of patients reached =267 patients
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Support another project run by COMMUNITY HEALTH AFRICA TRUST that needs your help, such as: