* Between March and May 2010 this project was conceived of as an Evokation for Urgent Evoke that the World Bank found outstanding. This was its inception.
* In August 2010, as a result WB put Autism for Help Village Project along with 24 other projects on Global Giving for an Evoke fundraising challenge, whereby the projects that raised a certain amount from a certain number of donors would be allowed to remain on the platform. We qualified.
* In November 2010 Autism for Help Village Project was registered as a Non-Profit organization in Indiia.
* We have engaged the services of a reputable CA company in Bangalore.
* We have so far raised 4175 dollars from 106 donations, of which 15 percent belongs to GG, but the heartening thing is that the donations, however small, do keep coming in.
* We have an active group on Facebook with 310 members which works to spread awareness about autism.
* In the last month we have finally made our own email address, Youtube channel, twitter account and blog, besides adding a cause and a page on Facebook for the project.These are all meant to develop on the idea of a Global Autism Village that may function virtually. These will be used primarily for planning.
* Contact has been made with Autism Society of India and ASHA in Bangalore, in the hope that networking can help the future of the project.
Many things remain to be done. But these are concrete gains that show the definite steps of progress; however small, slight and slow.
Thanks to all you donors for your steady support.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.