• Monitoring visits have been made to the children both at school and at home. This year we supported 55 children with lunch, exercise books and school uniforms. .
• Most of them have the problem of inadequate time to revise their notes at home due to too much commitment to the chores imposed on them by their care givers.
• Neglect (at times) in terms of care givers guidance since most of them are catered for by relatives thus they don’t receive / have proper advice, parental love and care to their expectations.
• Lack of self confidence in themselves among the other pupils. The children have been counseled and activities are to be arranged to enable them improve in their life skills.
• Delays at home since some of them have to wake up early and do some work before going to school like digging, cleaning the house. This makes them late for school and they are punished.
55 children were visited by the youth counselor both at home and in school. This costed ( $900) for the whole year. The cost of counseling one child throughout the year was $16.
We paid lunch fees for children totaling ( $900). this costed $ 16.
We provided scholastic materials (exercise books, uniforms, school bags, pens, mathematical sets worth $850) to 55 children.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.