Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled
CA:39, 15th Cross, 16th Main,
Sector - 4, HSR Layout
+91 80 26582570
Lalitha null, Rajendra null, Mahantesh G Kivadasannavar, Annamma null, Krishnaiah null, Kishore null, Devaraj null, Savithri null, Anjanappa null, Mallikarjun null, Vasanthi Savanur, Kumar Swamy, Rama Rao, Nagesh S P, Satish null
To empower visually impaired, disabled and underprivileged people through developmental initiatives focusing on educationak, social, economic, cultural and technological aspects
1. Education and Hostel facilities for disabled and underprivileged children:
2. Ashakiran and High School: Samarthanam provides free primary and high school education with hostel facility for 600 students in a year.
3. Vidyaprasad Mid-day Meal Programme - A mid day meal program which caters 2.5 lakh mid day meals 123 government schools per month
4. Techvision - IT training and skill development program for 120 persons per year for Visually Impaired with assistive technologies.
5. Jnana Vikas: Samarthanam provides full fledged libraries in six government schools in Bangalore.
6. Digital Book Library: The prime focus is on school and college students, making the course materials available for study is always a priority. Apart from this, the library also aims to stock academic books, competitive exam guides, and books related to personality development, current affairs, along with various genres of fiction and non-fiction.
7. Sports and Games: Sports and games are actively promoted among the disabled to drive home the importance of physical fitness, confidence and team spirit.
8. Arts and Culture: Sunadha is the cultural group of Samarthanam that was established to encourage talent among the disabled and disadvantaged youth and to nurture their skills and passion to perform on the stage.
9. Swadhara - a rehabilitation home for women in distress and disabled was established to provide shelter, food, vocational training, counseling and suitable placement options for 50 women per year.
10. Vividha: Vividha provides massive employment opportunities to the Disabled and Underprivileged people. At present 45 people benefited from this programme.
11. Parisara - A waste management program with the partnership of corporate houses and apartments in Bangalore.
12. SRISHTI - Business Processing Operations training program to the disabled youth
13. Kirana Rural BPO - Samarthanam has launched a rural BPO in Bidadi that employs around 100 skilled youth with disabilities