Dear fellow Earth-ship cosmonaut!
For the past decade, since I understood the crucial global importance of the glorious Altai Mountains and their beleaguered indigenous stewards, I have devoted all my time and all my resources (my income, my savings, my inheritance) to finding ways that a Westerner could help and not do further damage. Now YOUR continuing help is needed.
The Altai people are now finding ways to positively respond, and have asked for YOUR help. Several projects, mentioned below, directly support Altai villages to re-build their sacred culture and thus sustain Mother Earth.
The cosmic energy that flows into the Earth in Altai feeds all of us! Some Western scientists recognize this, however the ancient mechanisms must still be actively protected. For various reports/updates, see our newly revamped website: www.AltaiMir.org.
Your contribution will be DOUBLED until April 15th. An ADDITIONAL 30% will be added if you can donate ON-LINE on TUESDAY, MARCH 16 (at www.AltaiMir.org)
• $10 = transports 1 regional Altai elder to lead a remote village's self-organizing meeting
• $32 = enables 1 person to map a sacred site to protect it from being sold/developed
• $64 = pays land registration fees for 1 Altai family
• $100 = provides start-up supplies for 1 communal village industry in the traditional way
• $500 = supports 1 Altai educator to develop culturally appropriate curricula for indigenous children for a month
• $1000 = buys 1 portable yurt for use as a village youth meeting place and cultural center
PROTECT MOTHER EARTH NOW!! We ALL must lay the groundwork!
100% of what we receive goes directly into projects in Altai (unless specified by donor).
We are now focusing on two related arenas:
- preservation of Altai's sacred sites of recognized global importance, and
- support for indigenous stewards of those sites.
GREAT NEWS re sacred sites:
By some miracle, the January 2010 deadline for Altai people to register their traditional lands has been EXTENDED 10 YEARS! We were able to get only the most pivotal lands protected before the deadline. Now, local activists will have time to register the rest. Your previous contributions shifted the balance. A DONATION NOW will be well leveraged to complete the process.
PROGRESS re cultural reclamation:
Sustainable livelihood is the heartbeat of a culture.
- This year's focus is on supporting talented young throat-singers to serve Tyungur village as sound healers. They have been given land on which they must now build their healing center/home. They will need $18,000 for materials for a climate-appropriate building, MATCH THEIR LABOR WITH A MATERIAL DONATION!!
- Women in Bo'ochi village are using ancient technologies to make organic woolen clothing/blankets for export. HELP US FIND INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION ROUTES!
For more photos/reports, see http://www.AltaiMir.org. THANK YOU deeply for your support of Altai. It makes a huge difference to the planet.