Portland After-School Tennis & Education

Portland After-School Tennis & Education (PAST&E) is a nonprofit whose mission is to create partnerships with families, schools, and volunteers to help at-risk K-12 students achieve academic and athletic success. We accomplish this through one-on-one academic tutoring, tennis lessons, a nutrition/fitness curriculum, parent education, and a "Best in Class" development program serving junior players who excel at tennis. Through our extended-learning, summer, and enrichment programs, we impacted the lives of more than 1,000 children and their families in 2014 and have served more than 7,000 over time.

Portland After-School Tennis & Education
7519 N Burlington Ave
Portland, OR 97203
United States
503-489-9778
http://www.pastande.org

Executive Director

Danice Brown

Management Team

Danice Brown

Board of Directors

Robert Howard, Mike Nakajima, Brian Joelson, Elise Orban, Ernie Hartzog, David Aoyagi, Harry Aldrich, Matt Semler, Jonathan Stark, Anna Arodzero, Danice Brown

Project Leaders

Danice Brown

Mission

Portland After-School Tennis & Education (PAST&E) is a nonprofit whose mission is to create partnerships with families, schools, and volunteers to help at-risk K-12 students achieve academic and athletic success. We accomplish this through one-on-one academic tutoring, tennis lessons, a nutrition/fitness curriculum, parent education, and a "Best in Class" development program serving junior players who excel at tennis. Through our extended-learning, summer, and enrichment programs, we impacted the lives of more than 1,000 children and their families in 2014 and have served more than 7,000 over time.

Programs

For the 2014-2015 Academic school year our flagship program serves 59 students in 1st to 9th grade. They spend 40% of their time playing tennis and doing fitness, while the other 60% is spent in the classroom doing homework, educational projects and life skills. Once a week, we serve a group of rotating students for tennis, fitness and extended learning, allowing us to see over 100 additional students during the school year, and 120 over the summer. Additionally we run junior tennis tournaments throughout the year serving the greater Portland community. We also mentor a select group of at-risk high school scholar athletes who serve as coach/tutors with our younger students. Our highly structured environment is a great place for our mentors to learn valuable professional skills and is a critical factor in the success of our 1st to 9th graders.

Statistics on Portland After-School Tennis & Education

Financial Statistics

  • Annual Budget for 2014: $435,000
  • Maximum Annual Budget: $435,000
  • Other funding sources: 14% Individual; 10% Board Challenge; 40% Annual Fundraiser; 26% Grants/Foundations
  • Religious Affiliation: None
An anonymous donor will match all new monthly recurring donations, but only if 75% of donors upgrade to a recurring donation today.
Terms and conditions apply.
Make a monthly recurring donation on your credit card. You can cancel at any time.
Make a donation in honor or memory of:
What kind of card would you like to send?
How much would you like to donate?
  • $16
  • $26
  • $52
  • $85
  • $100
  • $176
  • $287
  • $1,074
  • $16
    each month
  • $26
    each month
  • $52
    each month
  • $85
    each month
  • $100
    each month
  • $176
    each month
  • $287
    each month
  • $1,074
    each month
  • $
gift Make this donation a gift, in honor of, or in memory of someone?

Reviews of Portland After-School Tennis & Education

Great Nonprofits
Read and write reviews about Portland After-School Tennis & Education on GreatNonProfits.org.