#45C, street 8 BT, Sansom Kosal1 Village, Sangkat Boeng Tumpun, Khan Mean Chey, Phnom Penh
012 500 955/ 023 6300 661
Mr. Channy Nop, Mr. Noeth Dy, Mr. Sovanndath Ky, Mr. Chaova Ken, Mrs. Chan Ol Lim
Ms. Margaret Posnett, Mr. Tech Ly, Mr. Sarin San, Ms. Bonnie Lepelaar, Mr. Chan Sambo
The Sunshine Cambodia is a Christian organization working toward the holistic development of poor children and their families living in communities.
Sunshine Cambodia has two main direct development programs: Children Development and Family Development. The benefits from the project are as follows:
A1. Sponsorship Program:
1. On education: SC sponsors around 125 children to study at state schools (from preschool to high
school). SC supports the school fee, stationery, extra tuition fee, uniform, and extra English
2. On food: SC sponsors the subsidy 50% of the expenses for food for every child in the program. We
pay the parents in cash at the end of the month after having checked that they meet the
3. On healthcare and pocket money for children to use at school: SC encourages the children's parents
to pay for these as the contribution toward their own children's investment on their future.
A2: Children Clubs: SC conducts children clubs twice per week. It is focus on soft and hard skills
which includes music lessons, craft/creativity, social events and outing, saving skills, social
awareness and other life skills. Children soccer teams also included in the clubs.
B1. Parenting Program:
- Conduct Parents Day or Good Parenting Training for all SC parents monthly.
B2. Micro-enterprise Development Project/Our Family Future:
1. Train SC families who are interested in doing micro businesses with Micro Enterprise Development
2. Facilitate Saving and Credit Groups happened by SC families.
3. Assist to seek for loan capital.
B3. Family Visitation and Follow-up Program:
1. Visit and follow up all SC families at least once every two months in order to build relationship and
trust; collect information, ideas and give them useful information.
2. Advice families about useful existing services in the community and how they can access them (eg clinics etc.)
3. Provide or refer to professional counseling to SC children and their families if required.
C. Children & Families:
C1. Vocational Training & Job Placement Program:
1. Support or refer SC families and older children for vocational training.
2. Assist them finding suitable jobs.
C2. Partnership or Networking Program:
- Network or build partnership with other organizations, churches, and other relevant institutes to bring
the best interest for the children and their families.