48, St 608, Sangkat Boeung Kok 2, Khan Toul Kork
Soeun Narin, Kann Kunthy, Helene Keraudren, Tith Kamrang, Anne-Laure Hallaire, Yat Vantha
SP strives to improve the living conditions of disadvantaged families--with special focus on women and children--by supporting their access to education, skill training, job opportunities, and micro-finance
A. EDUCATION SECTOR
- Non formal and Basic Education activities (not running anymore): SP has been providing disadvantaged children with access to basic education and primary schools. SP has also been setting up literacy classes directly in communities across Kampong Speu province.
- Health Education activities through Child to Child approach (on going): SP works in partnership with education authorities, from national to community levels, health authorities, local authorities, and NGO partners. At community level, SP builds capacity of education and health authorities to provide better services in education and health care to children, and it engages community members and local authorities to support and sustain activities. At national and sub-national levels, SP provides technical support and strengthens their M&E. In specific, SP supports Access to Basic Education for disadvantaged and poor children. Then, it carries out health education for children and 3 components of Child Friendly School program, in Phnom Penh suburbs, and provinces of Kandal, Kampong Cham and Siem Reap.
- Quality Based Education for Adolescent Girls (new project)
Sovann Phoum implements and/or facilitates activities of raising awareness, building infrastructures, advocating the authorities, training the key persons on girls' rights, social reproductive health, policies and measures adapted to girls, monitoring, counseling, and peer education in order to increase the completion rate of adolescent girls in lower secondary education. It addresses some of its main barriers : economic, social cultural and political ones
B. SOCIO-ECONOMIC SECTOR
- Microcredit activities (on going): SP provides small, medium and some big loans to motivated destitute families in Phnom Penh suburbs where clients need to generate their income. SP monitors and follows up carefully all Income Generation Activities in order to evaluate the impact of the project. The association also provides beneficiaries with basic knowledge of marketing strategies relevant to their businesses.
- Vocational Training activities (on going): See the description further