GlobalGiving partners with more than 50 corporations such as Microsoft, Hilton, Ford, Google, and many more. In 2013, GlobalGiving’s corporate partnerships resulted in $13.3 million in donation volume for partner organizations.
We work with corporate partners in the following ways:
- Employee giving: Corporate employees that work for companies like Nike, Eli Lilly, Dell, Gap, and others give through GlobalGiving’s site to projects. Many of these donations are matched in full by the corporation! A great example of this is Google’s environment, education, and hunger relief campaigns in 2013, where Google employees took a quiz and received a $10 GlobalGiving gift card to support projects. Google matched all additional employee donations during the campaigns, bringing the total contributions to nearly $175K.
- Gift card programs: Corporations like Facebook and Discovery purchase gift cards to give as gifts to their customers and employees. The gift card recipient can designate the donation amount to any project on GlobalGiving! In 2013, VMware employees supported more than 900 organizations working in 115 countries through the company’s holiday gift card program.
- Grants management: Corporate partners like Ford and Cummins seek recommendations from GlobalGiving for corporate grants programs. In 2013, Ford’s grantmaking program with GlobalGiving doubled to $3.1M and supported organizations in 22 countries.
- Cause-marketing: Through targeted marketing campaigns, companies like Neutrogena and LivingSocial support and promote one or more GlobalGiving projects. For example, GlobalGiving works with Microsoft to facilitate the company’s YouthSpark initiative, a program with supports Leaders and Superstars working with youth ages 6 – 24 in the areas of education and entrepreneurship. On #GivingTuesday 2013, GlobalGiving’s partners raised $680,000 through a YouthSpark matching campaign!
Read more about past corporate partnerships here.
How can your organization benefit from corporate partnerships?
- Become a Superstar organization! GlobalGiving uses its Partner Rewards Program to determine which organizations it recommends to its corporate partners. The Partner Rewards Program is broken down into three levels: Partner, Leader, and Superstar. Find your organization’s Rewards Level on the dashboard in the Project Entry. Click on the Rewards Level to see a detailed breakdown of our Partner Rewards Program and to learn what you can do to reach the next level!
- Maintain a high-ranking project. By maintaining a high-ranking project, you are more likely to be seen by thousands of employees whose donations are often matched by their employer! Learn more about the project ranking here.
- Be active on the website! When we make recommendations to corporate partners, we often think of organizations that are frequently active and engaged on the website. Participate in webinars and workshops, take part in matching days, volunteer to serve as a GlobalGiving Ambassador, and submit photos to the Photo Contest! These are all great ways to both increase the success of your organization on the site and grab our attention for when we start to consider corporate recommendations. You can keep track of your engagement on your Effectiveness Dashboard – and find even more ways to get involved with GlobalGiving!