Senior Program Manager
GlobalGiving catalyzes a global market for ideas, information, and money that democratizes aid and philanthropy. We work with thousands of NGOs operating in more than 130 countries, and we want to work with thousands more. GlobalGiving believes that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we are committed to helping any NGO with a good idea have a chance to get that idea funded. We are looking for curious, responsive, learning NGOs that listen to their communities and use feedback to evolve great solutions, and we are looking for a creative, energetic, and motivated individual to lead our effort to find them wherever they exist in the world.
Through a network of strategic partners, field workshops, social media outreach, and thought leadership work, the Senior Program Manager will find ways to reach great organizations around the world and encourage those organizations to join GlobalGiving. The candidate must be able to assess a competitive environment, to size market potential, to identify key partnership possibilities, and to maintain a robust pipeline of new opportunities. The candidate must be able to forecast and achieve results and to communicate progress clearly and accurately. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with the Product and Unmarketing teams to develop case studies, stories, and other materials to communicate GlobalGiving’s value proposition clearly and to ensure that GlobalGiving delivers on that value proposition to NGOs and the strategic partners that connect GlobalGiving to them. While this position is not exactly sales or business development, experience in those areas would be very relevant, as would experience driving early stage startup businesses or social enterprises.
The Senior Program Manager will report to the Chief Program Officer and will be a part of GlobalGiving’s Project Team. The Senior Program Manager will work very closely with the Partner Services Team which performs due diligence on all incoming NGOs. The Senior Program Manager will also work very closely with GlobalGiving’s Product Team in the design and implementation of the online experience for NGOs joining GlobalGiving.
The candidate should have strong experience working in the developing world and a deep understanding of the technical, regulatory, and political context in which local NGOs operate. The candidate must embrace GlobalGiving values: Always Open, Committed to Wow, Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat, and Never Settle.
Responsibilities and scope of work
- Recruit 400+ new NGOs to GlobalGiving in 2014, and set aggressive goals to increase this number to 1,000+ new NGOs/year in coming years through Global Open Challenges and other programs.
- Plan, design, and implement and continually improve performance of quarterly Global Open Challenge campaigns, managing technical implementation, NGO support, challenge design and incentives, and data-driven overall strategy and process adjustments. Meet top line donation volume goal of $3,000,000 through four Global Open Challenges in 2014.
- Manage and grow the existing network of Strategic Partners that refer NGOs to GlobalGiving. Ensure that relationships with Strategic Partner are mutually reinforcing, and explore ways to drive value to Strategic Partners that significantly contribute to GlobalGiving fundraising and impact goals.
- Drive continual improvement of the online user experience of NGOs applying for GlobalGiving.
- Identify sources of external funding to further accelerate GlobalGiving’s effort to recruit NGOs to join GlobalGiving.
- Manage cross-functional teams to rally internal technical, field, communication, and operational resources in support of GlobalGiving’s effort to recruit NGOS to join GlobalGiving.
- Manage staff dedicated to recruiting new NGOs to GlobalGiving (currently one full-time employee and three interns).
- Collaborate closely with and support initiatives of the Product, Business Development, Project Services, and Operations teams.
- Recruit and manage interns on an on-going basis.
- Create systems and processes to help GlobalGiving scale its effort to recruit NGOs to join GlobalGiving.
- Be entrepreneurial and find new ways to achieve GlobalGiving’s overall objective – more funding to more effective organizations worldwide with GlobalGiving at the heart of a growing, self-sustaining marketplace of ideas, information, and money.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, with graduate study a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the global social sector, especially as relates to digital engagement, information and communications technology for development, crowdfunding, and social media.
- International development experience with field based work in the developing world preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing a sales, business development, or fundraising pipeline with several hundred prospects and partners.
- Must be comfortable with using careful analysis of data to drive strategy and tactical decision-making.
- Comfort and enthusiasm about working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and with a diverse and high-energy team.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal management oversight and comfort taking initiative and managing time effectively.
- Rapport-building and relationship management skills and the ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience managing people and projects.
- Multiple language skills a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to jobs AT globalgiving DOT org. Please include "Senior Program Manager" in the subject line of your submission and let us know how you learned of the position.
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.
Impact To Date
- Over $169.4 million in donations since 2002
- Over 11,900 projects have received funding
- Over 429,100 donors have given
Full Time Positions
You'll Love Working Here
Here's what past employees and interns have to say about GlobalGiving:
GlobalGiving is truly an amazing organization to work at. The work environment is very open and fosters teamwork and innovation.
GlobalGiving went above and beyond my expectations for this internship. One of my favorite parts of the experience was just the opportunity to thrive in such a wonderful office culture. This office knows how to get awesome (world-changing) work done as well as have a good time.
Everything and everyone are so opened to talk, to help or to teach. I came as an intern, but I left as a member of a tight–knit community I will always belong to. My work was really meaningful... Best decision of my life!
Read more reviews on Glassdoor.com